reassurance -polyp removal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im going in tomorrow for a polyp removal under a general aneasthetic and i am dreading it. Has anyone else had it, im having a hyseroscopy with polyp removal. they found the polyp in dec when i had a hysteroscopy, i didnt have any anaesthetic for that and i was ok but apparently to remove a polyp they have to do it under a  general ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had it done in may and it was absolutey find. Didn't feel anything at all and nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Thanks, did you have a general  and did you bleed? 
    • Posted

It was general yes and I had light bleeding for about 5/6 days .
  • Posted

Hi, I've also had it done, it was fine, a bit heavier bleeding for a couple of days but no pain. Good luck, it's very quick I think it took under. 30 mins

• Posted

thanks, was your with a general ? how did you feel after the anaesthetic
    • Posted

Hi yes it was general, was a bit shaky after but I think that was because I was so worried. But, about an hour after I was sitting up in bed with a cup of tea and a sandwich. I'm sure you will be fine. My polyp was causing severe bleeding so it wasn't a surprise I was still bleeding afterwards. They sent it away to be checked as a precaution and 2 weeks later went back in and had the coil fitted under general too, which has controlled the heavy bleeding. 

• Posted

they said if i wanted he would do the coil or ablation at the same time, but i've decided to stay on the norithesone tablets as they are workig fine at the moment, if that changes then i will reconsider as and when

• Posted

I had a big polyp removed from my uterus n a small one removed from my cervix in May. They didnt give me anaesthesia. It wasnt very painful. The results came back end of May n the one from my uterus showed no signs of cancer. The tiny one on my cervix showed a very high risk for cancer so i had to have a LEEP. I had the LEEP done on June 28th. It was very slight pain n cramping. Not real bad. They gave me anaesthesia for that. The LEEP was to remove a section of my cervix to remove any risks for cancer. My results came back good and Im fine now. Just have to wait 4-6 weeks to sit in water n no sex. Im very relieved I had it done.
    • Posted

Ouch the LEEP sounds painful

Did you bleed after the polyp removal ?

Hope everything is ok now X

• Posted

Hi, why did you need the polyp removed? I have one and my doctor is measuring it once a year with ultrasaound. He says that it is not growing bigger so no action is required.

Now I am getting a little worried, what if he is underestimating the situation...

• Posted

Hi sue , he just said he recommended that it was removed, it could be the cause of my heavy bleeding although I am now on tablets but occasionally get spotting it it could be the cause of that. He also said that although it looked benign they can change .
  • Posted

Hi there. My sister had a it did. No prop at all.

X

• Posted

Yes, I've had the same and it was no problem at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.