Reassurance required please!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya everyone, it's Liz

I've been taking cit 20mg for 7 weeks (just) and I've had a bad couple of days :-( I'm still experiencing the physical symptoms of anxiety when I'm having a bad day. Yes, I'm having some good days, but feel I've slipped back over the last few days. My tummy churning, throat tight, shaky. 

NEED some reassurance that this is 'normal' !! Have a routine app with Dr tomorrow should I ask her about the possibility of an increase to 30mg? 

Any thoughts guys??

Liz xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz

Sorry to hear you had a bad couple of days.  Like you I've been taking it 7 weeks now and am feeling much better but still get the physcial symptoms of anxiety quite often in fact.  Overall it's nothing in comparison but for instance last week I had a few bad days which really dragged me down.  I tend to get a lot of calf pain in my legs when anxious because they're so rigid, alot of chest pressure etc.  I think it's just going to take a long time to build up our confidence in our own abilities again.  I can go out and about now whereas before I wouldn't have done alot but when I do I may still get anxiety symptoms.  I took my daugther to a carnival on Saturday and felt quite anxious whilst there, bit claustrophic, pressure in chest etc.  Try not to be so hard on yourself, from what I read this is a long process.

Louise xx

• Posted

Hiya Louise! 

Good to hear from you Hun! Oh it's such a pain isn't it??! Gggrrr!!! Yep the ongoing thoughts has massively subsided but I definitely get the physical symptoms of anxiety and it pisses me off frankly! Lol!! I've been having good days, but the odd tingle of anxiety in the back ground but then a real bad couple of days feeling sick, which is my main anxiety symptom and tight throat. Are you having some good days?? 

I'll speak to my GP tomorrow

Liz xx

• Posted

Hey

Yes I have good days but even on the good days the fear of anxiety is always there.  I have days where I get really pissed off with the symptoms too and it makes me depressed, then other days I can ignore them and because of that they go away.  We will get there.  I've just booked a holiday which I'm nervous about, just going to Ireland to stay with a friend.  I'm trying to get out more to build my confidence back up which is hard work but Im slowly getting there.

Hang in there!!!

Louise xx

• Posted

Hi Talk to your GP tomorrow it may be that you need a lesser dose. I was on 20mg Citalopram and have awful side effects, my anxiety had increased. I have asked GP if i can reduce to 10 mg as i want to manage on a lesser dose. Everyone is different and side effects vary, i beleive if we can manage on less the better. What time of day do you take your meds as that can make a difference. 
    • Posted

Hiya

I take it on an evening about 6.30 and sleep really well, luckily I have done since day 1. I feel I can cope with the bad days if I'm not exhausted! 

Oh well I'll just have to battle on. 

Liz xx

• Posted

Glad you sleep well. My GP says to take in the morning, i did take in the evening but made things worse. Good luck with your GP tomorrow. Tkae care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.