Reassurance that it's anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello theresmile I've seen so many posts posing the same question; are my symptoms due to panic/anxiety? But as someone who has severe health anxiety, we all know we can never have am enough reassurance. I'm 25 and Until recently have been a smoker for about 7 years. So knowing I had bad habits doesn't help. I've had minor chest pain in my left side for many months, sometimes sharp, but not debilitating, just enough to worry about. I had an Echo and ekg done and my doctor said I had a right bundle but nothing to worry about. I have panic attacks and often spend all day worrying about my health. I've recently started having stomach pain, he discomfort towards the evenings, sometimes left arm pain, and sometimes neck, back of head, and shoulder discomfort. All symptoms I find on both heart attack forums and anxiety. I constantly worry it's my heart or lungs. Is there anything to help assure me that it's anxiety or an underlying medical condition that I should seek further advice for? The symbols seem to occur more in the evenings and once Im in bed. Thank you so much everyone for any advice that you may be able to offer!smile I appreciate your listening to my ranting!smile lol.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know what you mean. I think the mind place a lot of tricks. If you think about it and at night is when I do a lot of stressing the symthons get worst. If you are concerned get a second opinion .
  • Posted

Hi jeremiah,im 23 year old and exactly like you but i notice one thing once im occupied i realised i feel like a normal healthy 23 year old.only when i start to be quiet and alone then i will start to worry and the sensations will start to come.so i guess its all anxiety. me too need constant reassurance.i love the weekends as my husband's at home so he is my biggest support system and he convince me all the time that im fine..and he is always right!i went for 2 ecgs too and doc advise me more on anxiety than anthing else.blood pressure blood tests and urine came good too.i guess sometimes you just have to learn to be fearless in life.as for me im a born worrier.i worry about the smallest things in life.but after anxiety,i realise that its not worth worrying so it has some positive effect on me in a way..it make me change my personality to a more positive and confident person.we cant change or predict the future,this is what people with anxiety always think they can do.we dont have special powers.we are just normal human beings.i always think why am i predicting my future and mortality.doesnt make sense.so when things dont make sense its best to leave it and move on.maybe you should try listening to songs you can sing along too.listen and occupy yourself to sing along to it just to keep your mind distracted and busy.maybe that will have you.and try to drink 1 cup of camomile tea before bed ☺
  • Posted

Sounds all so familiar. I had my heart tested etc. I felt some days I was dieing. I have been on Celexa for along time and am making a switch per my Psychiatrist to Prozac. I learned from the pharmacist that I need to take in the morning vs night for better results. So right now, 20mg each for a while in the morning and klonopin as needed .25 mg. Haven't needed the klonopin yet and day 2 so far so good. Early to tell but I feel better. Maybe mental because of a new change. Get into your psychiatrist and make a adjustment or change. I get the desperate feeling. It's sucks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.