RECALL FOR ENDOSCOPY

Posted , 10 users are following.

HELLO , ABOUT FOUR YEARS AGO I HAD A ENDOSCOPY DONE AND IT WAS A VERY WORRING TIME , AFTER IT WAS DONE I WAS TOLD I HAD A SMALL AMOUNT OF BARRATTS SO WAS PUT ON OMAPRAZOLL TABLETS EVER SINCE , JUST PUT IT ALL TO THE BACK OF MY MIND THEN AND JUST GOT ONE WITH EVERYTHING , BUT TODAY RECEIVED A NEW APPOINTMENT IN THE POST FOR ANOTHER SCOPE TO BE DONE AND IT HAS STARTED ALL MY ANZIETY OFF AGAIN AND WONDERING ABOUT NOT HAVING IT DONE THIS TIME , I CANT PUT MYSELF THROUGH ALLTHE WORRY BEFORE AND AFTER AGAIN , HELP HAS ANYONE ON HERE HAD THERE SECOND ONE DONE RECENTLY , WOULD LOVE TO HERE FROM YOU AND DID YOU GO THROUGH ALL THE SAME WORRIES AS ME .

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I has the scope done in 2017.

small segment barretts.

Been on nexium ever since .

I dont like this drugs as it has wrecked my life .

I am waiting to have anti reflux surgery

I have crap sleep

ibs like symptoms

anxiety you name it i have had it .

have you been given the option of surgery

• Posted

HI Mike , sorry to here what your going through , I Too get IBS symptoms anziety and the thaught of going true this again is bad but i have never been giving the option on surgery , just told to take my tablets for ever .

• Posted

I agree with mike My life has been miserable The meds didn't work Constant pain and anxiety in my chest I was actually told I need the surgery I would check into that for sure However if there's no pain or other symptoms Then it really isn't probably that bad and nerves are getting to you But I'm positive there's a reason thry're calling you back They do like to keep up on this disease as it can cause cancer Maybe it's just a check up

I wish you good luck

• Posted

Hi Alley

Are you going to get the surgery.

These pills stop stomach acid.

We were born to have stomach acid to break down our food.

And get all the nutrients

• Posted

Don't hesitate! Get it done!

Barrett's can be controlled easily and keep you out of the danger zone of esophogeal cancer.

I too was diagnosed with Barrett's 10 years ago. I am Barrett's free today. It was cured by using Pantraprazole 40 mgs a day and staying away from alcoholic beverages. Typically, if you have Barrett's, you have GERD. At least that was my case.

A simple endoscopy could save your life. Fight the anxiety! Chances are, you'll be fine. You've kept on top of it. Don't stop now.

My Best,

Glenn

• Posted

THANK YOU GLENN FOR THE ADVICE ON GETTING THE SCOPE DONE, I CAN SEE THE REASONING FOR IT BUT MY GOD IT MAKE MY ANZIETY REALLY BAD THE THAUGHT OF IT .

I WORRY ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING I GET AND THIS IS SENDING ME NUTS AT THE MOMENT , BUT WILL FIGHT WITH MYSELF ABOUT GOING THROUGH WITH IT , ITS NOT UNTIL THE 16th OF JULY SO HAVE TIME TO KEEP CHANGING MY MIND .

• Posted

Hi Glenn. congrats on being Barretts free today! Was your Barrett's non-dysplasia? How did your most recent Endoscopy look? Were you declared Barrett's free via biopsy confirmation? Or just because there were no visible lesions? Thank you so much! Continued health! For all of us!

• Posted

Stay on your meds and just get scoped every few years. If you have Non Dysplasia then your chances of developing cancer are less than 1%. If it develops to low or high dysplasia then ablation surgery is very effective. So regular scoping is very important to monitor your level of dysplasia. I have non dysplasia and don't think about it much and just get on with my life.

• Posted

thank you Andyro,

you do make sense about having it done , but my Anziety is playing with my reasoning about f8nding out bad news on the 16th and do i really want to know and i do know that sound mad .

• Posted

No its quite understandable. Having Barrett's anyway makes one very anxious and our mind just doesn't

want to be overloaded with more worry. I didn't find my Consultant very understanding or informative

after I was diagnosed? All the best for the 16th. Try and keep busy and plan for something nice

afterwards.

• Posted

It is normal procedure to be called back every four years to have an endoscopy to check if there are any changes

to the Barrett's. I was so anxious i went privately but although not a very pleasant procedure my Barrett's hadn't

changed.

Best of Luck

• Posted

HI Rosemary, I think you are write about just a check up but i still have my mind in knots over it , its driving me nuts about all the anziety its causing me now waiting .

• Posted

i was diagnosed 6years ago half cm of barrets ive been a heavy drinker since stuidly and scared to death of made it worse... do anyone know the progression rate? im waiting on a scope under general... i suffer chest pain panic attacks burping in my chest, discomfort, moving my body to dislodge trapped air in my chest, never quite with it.... 37 male

• Posted

Hi, ive had 3 callbacks to check on Barretts., since diagnosed over 10 years ago. Im Actually due for next check soon. I know its hard not to worry but it can only be a good thing to be monitored. I try to think of it as a routine check to ensure that all is well. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.