Received a text message to say forms have been received.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Evening all,

​I received a text message this afternoon stating my PIP forms have been received, i sent on Wednesday 2nd November.

What is the next stage and how long roughly to wait till that stage.

​I am dwarf and struggle hugely with walking and standing and every day to day things....

​I had no evidence to send with my PIP forms as i do not take medication nor do i see a doctor.

​When i was a child i had to go to GOSH and central Middlesex every year and had to take growth hormones until my teens, i know my GP surgery have this written down on there system... Is that relevent to my case? Is there a need to get a copy and send that off as well? 

​Please let me know. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would get all the evidence you can.when you go to the assesment explain your difficultys on a bad day .
    • Posted

Not entirely correct - you are supposed to describe what all of your days are like - the good ones, the bad ones and those in between. You then have to show with evidence how many bad days you have out of a week giving an explanation at to why.

​Telling/describing to the DWP on the claim from that ALL of your days are bad is going somewhere towards benefit fraud.

​You should be giving a balanced picture not one that is one sided.

• Posted

I'm sorry Les59996 but i don't entirely agree with you here. How can you possibly know what a person's day is like? The person posting might have all bad days for all we know after all we're not all the same. Some people assume that because a person struggles daily they have good and bad times. My advice would be to just tell the truth, if you done this then you have nothing to worry about.

• Posted

".........when you go to the assesment explain your difficultys on a bad day"

I was referring to Jackie's advice above.

?She was clearly stating that she should only explain her difficulties as on a bad day. To me that is advising that she must be totally negative in all of her answers basing them only on a bad day - every day

?If you do that and do not explain if all days are bad or that there are good and bad ones it is leading towards benefit fraud.

?If all days are bad fair enough - she would have to produce evidence to support that statement. However if she is trying to tell the DWP that all her days are bad and keeps quiet about those that are not so bad (variable) she is guilty of misleading the DWP.

?In my past applications I have balanced the difficulties I have (which are all well documented with evidence) with what sort of days I have, how often of each type and how I have managed to overcome most/some of those difficulties with 'out of the box thinking', looking at the level, frequency and type of medication I am prescribed with, aids and adaptions that I have bought and trying different ways of achieving the results with 'work around ideas'.

• Posted

Hi Natalie21584, You really do need some evidence for your PIP claim. They have to see proof that you struggle from day to day. This evidence can be anything from a dairy written by yourself, expaining in full the struggles you deal with daily and why. Also explaining the times you can do things. Another form of evidence can be a letter from someone who knows you well. Asking your GP for some medical records but there maybe a charge for this. Don't just leave it to the DWP to contact anyone like consultants, DRs or social workers because they almost never do this. In all honesty i have not heard of anyone claiming PIP successfully without some evidence. Do you recieve help daily? do you use mobility aids, like stair lifts, hand rails, ramps, walk in showers or walking aids like a stick or maybe even a wheel chair? If you do then these could be used for evidence in the form of pictures. As stupid as this may sound, i have heard of many people sending in photos of the disability aids they use daily.

• Posted

Good Morning Denise,

Thank you for your message.

I do not have evidence.

I am a dwarf and currently stand 4ft 4... I have no medication for this.

I use to receive DLA when i was a child.

All i can get from my GP is evidence that i use to go to Great Ormond Street hospital as a child and evidence i had to take growth hormones..

• Posted

Hi Natalie

I would read Denise's post again if I were you.

OK you have no actual medical evidence and to be honest the fact you were in receipt of DLA when you were a child is of no relevance and the visits to Great Ormond Street as child would be very weak evidence due to the time that has passed as generally the DWP want evidence which is not older than 2 years unless it is accompanied by update letter from your GP stating the condition is chronic. Also it is hard to see how being on growth tablets many years ago helps your current condition.

However, you do have an obvious condition which has potential to affect your daily living and mobility. As PIP is awarded on those grounds then you need to provide at least care evidence. As Denise rightly stated there is nothing stopping you from providing a care diary and supporting letters from anyone who helps you and this is excellent evidence especially if the documents are signed.

Your best bet then is the assessment which is the next part of the procedure. The assessor will be able to see for herself how your Dwarfism affects you with her own eyes. They may ask you to perform certain movements. Depending on how well you cope with the examination will directly impact on the assessor’s recommendation to the DWP.

• Posted

Hi

It took about five weeks after sending my PIP forms off to get my medical assessment. Don't assume they will write to your GP, it costs them money and they didn't bother with me. If you can get a letter of support from your GP it would be a good idea and would help your case.

Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I dont really have any evidence, i am a dwarf and i use to receive DLA when i was a child as i have always had issues with walking and standing and as ive got older and into an adult it has got worse.

I do not see the GP for this because its not something medication treats.

My GP has stated she will give me copies of letters stating i use to go to Great Ormond street hospital as a child and had to take growth hormones but that does not back up anything as i am now...  

• Posted

Thank you all for your responses.

I am a dwarf, i have always had issues with walking and standing ever since i was a child, i use to receive DLA when i was a child for mobility and living. Since becoming an adult i dont see a doctor regarding my issue because there is nothing anyone or anything can do....

Please help with advice.

• Posted

Hi Natalie, I have given you all the advice that's available regarding your PIP claim. There really isn't any other advice. Have a read through my last post to you again and see if you can get any of the evidence i suggested.

• Posted

Yes i have seen your message,

I had a walk in shower made for me as its an issue to get in and out the bath... Does that count? I didnt mention this in my forms because im so use to struggling with everyday life i didnt really think of it. Is this something i can say in my assessment if it gets that far?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.