RECEIVED LETTER TO GO TO JOBCENTRE BUT I'M ON ESA SUPPORT GROUP

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've received a letter on Friday, saying I have to go to jobcentre, it's titled... WE'RE REVIEWING YOUR BENEFITS AND CIRCUMSTANCES AND YOU MUST COME TO AN OFFICE INTERVIEW. The letter sounds threatening as it says they need my I'd. It says we need to see you because of some changes that may affect your benefit payments. Now, universal credit is coming out in July, in my area, now I'm already on benefits no change in circumstances, and I checked on a site called entitledto I think it was that, I entered postcode and it says if your already in receipt of benefits UC transfer is from July 2019. From July 18 is for new claims, unless you have change in circumstances which I haven't.

I receive esa support group, I was put in this from wrag in Dec 2016, I had an esa50 in Jan this year, I had no face to face, left in support group, I also receive pip standard living which from August that they can review me, could it be UC, a face to face for esa, or reviewing pip,? When I phoned the number it says counter fraud dept. But the guy wasn't in.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

It wouldn't be anything to do with UC because as you stated unless you have a change of circumstances then you won't move across until possibly 2019 but could be much later.

It wouldn't be anything to do with a PIP or ESA assessment either because for this you wouldn't have receieved a letter from DWP, it will be from the assessment providers. You would have also have received a form to fill in before attending another assessment.

Seems like to me that they want to talk to you about some else relating to your benefit claim. Are you claiming Income related ESA or Contribution based? If Income related do you have capital or savings over £6000? that you may not have told them about. Have you recently moved in with a partner that maybe works? Or were you already living with a partner that started working recently that you didn't tell DWP about?

Either way, you will have to attend this appointment otherwise your benefits will stop. You#ll also need to take everything they asked for in the letter.

I always say, if you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise, I'm married, since 2015, my wife has a assessment thing regarding housing benefit from dwp in September, same sort of thing but done over phone, from Newcastle, same thing wanting proof sent through post, no savings at all. It is income related esa, my wife gets carers allowance for her daughter not me. I don't understand why my wife was checked, now me,

I don't know if it's true, but I heard that if your in support group and you not had face to face for previous assessment they just check to see if you are who you say you are, I've not worked ect, I can't even leave house only very rare, could this appointment be done at home do you think? My wife deals with bills ect,..... My money goes into post office account, my wife takes it out, now, on the esa form, my wife asked for someone to phone her regarding being my appointee, no one did, can my wife be appointe for me as esa? is for couples claim, as my wife is also her daughters appointee, attorney.

• Posted

To be honest i've not heard of them sending this appointments out just to check you are who you say you are. As it's a couples claim does your wife work at all?

Yes your wife can be your appointee but an appointee is usually only for people who don't have the capacity to look after there own money etc. If you have problems with this then you'll need to ring DWP to arrange this.

I don't know if the appointment can be done at home, you'll need to ring them to ask but they're closed today because it's a bank holiday. Ring tomorrow to ask. Either way, you will need to deal with this otherwise you'll be sanctioned for your ESA.

• Posted

Last September when your wife was checked, if it was for housing benefit then it wouldn't have been the DWP that did this, it would have been your local council.

• Posted

Thanks Denise, well I've nothing to worry about, I ain't done owt wrong, it doesn't say that I have, maybe someone's said somat out of spite, but I can't think who, anyway my wife will phone him up tomorrow, I do have a problem communicating with people face to face and on phone, on ere example, typing I'm OK. They know all this, so can't understand it, anyway it ain't till June 6th,letter was done on 18th May, so it was owt serious it would be sooner and caution recorded thing. I'll let you know tomorrow as what said, if I can have home one, he probably be on leave till day I go.

• Posted

It was dwp, that yellowish paper, it came from Newcastle, I've still got it, a customer compliance team.

• Posted

I'll just double check, it did say dwp, some team thing in Newcastle. We keep letters and stuff, for future reference.

• Posted

If your wife hasn't worked at all recently and there's nothing else you can think of then as you say you've nothing to worry about. Appointments like this aren't always under caution, if they suspect something is wrong in this way then the first thing they would do is ask you for an interview to talk about your claim. It's usually the appointment after the first one that would be under caution. You will need to be at the appointment, whether it's at home or not, as it's your ESA claim and not your wifes.

As your wife isn't your appointee then you will have to ring to go through security and then tell them your wife will talk on your behalf.

• Posted

DWP about your housing benefit? that doesn't make sense to me because when claiming ESA the DWP have nothing to do with claiming housing benefit. Housing benefit is with your local council. Anyway, hopefully they'll tell you what it's about tomorrow when you ring.

• Posted

So what your saying Denise, if I get a second appointment if they suspect anything on the first one, the second one is under caution?

Yes the letter in September was from dwp

Performance measurment

Business support team

Room bp6301

Benton Park view

Newcastle

Ne981yx

My name is bla bla, I need to telephone you regarding your housing benefit. It did come from dwp.

No. My wife has not worked just had cares allowance.

• Posted

My advise would be to ring the number on the letter tomorrow morning and hopefully they will tell you more because i can't help you further with this sorry. As you said, you've done nothing wrong, so you have nothing to worry about. Good luck.

• Posted

One last thing, does ESA know that your wife is claiming Carers Allowance?
    • Posted

Yes they always have knew about my wife's carer allowance, as it's classed as income they deduct it from the income related esa. Thank you Denise, I'll know more tomorrow.

• Posted

That's good. Yes, they do indeed and then they add a Carers Premium and CA pay you. You're welcome. Hopefully you'll get some answers tomorrow.

• Posted

Yes, extra money because your partner is a carer, not sure of amount. I'll let you know. Thank you.

• Posted

Carers Allowance is £64.60 per week, which is taken off the ESA and then Carers Allowance pay your wife that amount. Then ESA add the Carers Premium which is £36 per week. This makes you and your wife  £36 per week better off.

• Posted

Hi Denise, my wife been in jobcentre, the guy called me as I've give her permission. Some spiteful evel person reported me in February saying I do decorating and get paid for it, which I have not, I decorated my house with help last year, second, they say I go round Manchester drinking, I have been to Manchester, only because a bomb went off last year, that's partly reason I have mental health problem, and when I go I'm with my wife, he said I was seen last Tuesday in Manchester, yes, the 22nd,i went to pay my respects, then had a couple pints, and something to eat. is that allowed. he knew on phone It was malicious, its been dropped, people are allowed to go out, physical or mental disability. There are some very cruel evil people out there,

• Posted

Hi Mick,

Wow that's ridiculous! There are indeed some very jealous people around. To think that you were seen also, if that was me it would make me think that someone was watching me....creepy!!

Yes, you're right we are still allowed to go out and have some sort of life, even if it is limited.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.