Received multiple travel vaccines whilst having covid, now have prolonged illness

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I'm a 21 year old male from London. Last month, I had to receive travel vaccinations in order to go to Costa Rica .

Day 0: Had flu-like symptoms, but didn't do a lateral flow

Day 1: Received travel vaccination (All in left arm) for Typhoid, diphtheria and 1st dose of Rabies (Rabipur). Experienced some expected short term effects like sore arm and fatigue.

Day 3: Performed a lateral flow test and tested positive for Covid. Experienced a blocked nose, shortness of breath and fatigue.

Day 10: Completed the self-isolation period as I had achieved two consecutive negative results on lateral flow across two days

Day 11: Received my 2nd does of Rabies (in left arm)

Since I've had my second dose of the Rabies vaccine, my side deltoid has been aching, slight pain if I contract it. The pain is quite local to that area and I haven't experienced any pain in the other parts of the deltoids or the biceps/triceps. My work (barista) does require me to use it and I do indoor rock climbing which is very demanding on the shoulders, however the pain is only concentrated on the muscle I received the vaccinations. I don't believe my lifestyle could account for it. I'm unsure whether my lifestyle could have prolonged the aching though, I'm unsure how it works.

I've also felt midly ill, blocked nose, fatigue, slight headaches and a general feeling of unease. I understand it's unhelpful to ruminate on the cause if I can't discern it, whether it be long covid or a weakened immune system from covid.

To complete the rabies vaccination course, I need a 3rd dose, which usually occurs 28 days after the 1st dose. I'm submitting this post on Day 28 now (according to the timeline above), so ideally I should receive my 3rd dose on Day 29 however I am unsure whether this would be a good idea.

I understand that maybe I shouldn't have received 2nd dose of Rabies after just having covid, but the rabies vaccine is expensive and I didn't want to restart the course.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.