Received my letter from Motability

Posted , 5 users are following.

Afternoon all,

I hope you are all having a good Friday afternoon.

I had just received my post and noticed i have got a chunky letter from Motability.

I have opened the letter and states i have been accepted and has the PIN number and details of the car i ordered.... 

So from that am i now only waiting for the garage to receive stock of the car and i should be good to go and collect? Or does it not work like that.

I noticed on the Eden Vauxhall garage under the tab "Stock Locator" you fill it all out and then says if your local garage will be receiving stock of that car and i noticed the garage i went to is receiving 10 Vauxhall Astra 1.4i SRI Mineral Black which is the exact one i have ordered, could i possibly get one of those or are they only for "paying" customers to the garage?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Regards,

Natalie x 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You won't be able to collect your car until motability agree a date with the dealers. Insurance, tax and registration will all have to be completed before you can collect it.

The cars that you mentioned that are being delivered are most likely not for you. The Astra is an extremely popular car. I believe you said that the waiting time was approx 10 weeks? This is just a guide but will most likely be around that time, if that's what you've been told by the dealers. I know you're anxious and you really want your car but unfortunately there's nothing you can do until it's been delivered and ready for collection.

The dealer would have contacted mobility and told them the approx waiting time.

If you have any questions you should ring the dealers and ask because they will be happy to answer them for you. They will be the only ones to know for sure.

• Posted

Hi Natalie.

​When I got my mobility car I went to test drive a few first at different garages , different models. When I had made my mind up I called the garage to say I wanted to purchase the car, I was given an appointment for the next day and told to take I.D and my pin number. I went the next day, signed my name a couple of times, gave the man the pin number and that was it , a week later I got a phone call to say your car is ready to be picked up. 

It could not of been simpler. Hope that helps. x

• Posted

Hi Natalie I'm so pleased for you, my car because it had certain things on it that where nescassarry for me was supposed to take up to ten weeks actually arrive after five, they rang me and texted me to say I could collect it, sadly I was unable to fetch it for about a week due to pain management, I could have let my partner collect it for me but Erm I wanted to smile it will be their soon and it will be all the better for the wait x

• Posted

Hi Natalie how's it going, do you have a birthday date for your car yet, bet you are sooo excited, when do you take your test xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.