Received my letter regarding PIP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone.

So Friday i received my letter from PIP and i was awarded enhanced rate on mobility, but i noticed on the letter it states i will receive £58.00 per week.

I am a little confused as i thought the rate was £59.75.

Please let me know.

Thank you.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Your right it is but it's obviously a typo as their is not a payment of £58 per week, what did you get for care or did you just get mobility high rate.

It's excellent either way as It means you will be able to get about on your own, when do you take your test? How long have they awarded it for, I can't remember Natalie was it through a tribunal, I'm really pleased for you x

• Posted

I got standard daily and enhanced mobility. The reward says ongoing and i take my driving test next month. Nope not through tribunal, i only called in January to report change of circumstances. 
    • Posted

That's great because from what I remember you usually only get a year with tribunal, Denise will correct me if I'm wrong 🤔 I think you get three years with usual pip and she will correct me on that too, I might be wrong on that one

I bet your really excited x

• Posted

No, that's no correct. A Tribunal can award you any award and the max is ongoing which is 10 years, with review at 9 years. A Tribunal can award the same as DWP can. Awards can be anything from 2 years + but reviews are done 1 year before.

Sometimes with a Tribunal the awards given have end dates, which means there's no review 1 year before. If this happens DWP will contact the claimant 3 months before their award is due to end. Complicated and confusing for some.

• Posted

If you're payments are wrong then you'll need to ring them about that. PIP mobility is £59.75 per week. If you choose the car option then the whole payment will go to mobility and not you, once you sign for the car that is.

Ongoing means 10 year award with review at 9 years.

• Posted

Hi natalie,

Congratulations, I hope all goes well for your test.

Most ability  have a large selection of vehicles to choose from. Depending on your choice there may be an upfront payment to be made and all your allowance taken, but, there are many vehicles on the scheme with no upfront payment and an amount of your mobility payment paid to you that's left over.

Visit their website.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.