Recent bout of Diarrhoea and loose stools after eating

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I'm a male and 25. I don't drink alcohol, smoke or take drugs of any kind however my diet isn't the best and I'm underweight.

In the last two/three months or so, I've had diarrhea about 6/7 times which is far more than I usually get over a year.

It tends to come on after I overeat or if I've eaten fatty foods (the last three times I've had it has been after an English breakfast, a huge bbq and a large McDonalds meal). I eat three meals a day however it's usually the bigger meal that creates the urge to go the toilet. If I was to give some insight, my first two meals are probably around 300-400 calories each and my last one is around 700-1000 which is usually when I end up having diarrhoea, I usually have one episode (two at most) and then I'm fine.

My diet as a whole is poor. I don't take vitamins, probiotics or eat much veg at all. I sometimes have muesli with greek yoghurt in the morning but usually it's a croissant or toast. I eat a fair amount of red meat, chicken, potatoes, bread, pastries, fruit and the ocassional fast food takeaway.

I'm also lactose intolerant but still have a very miniscule amount of milk with my tea. As mentioned above, I don't drink alcohol, don't smoke or do drugs of any kind.

On the most part, I don't tend to get any stomach pain and the colour of the stool is brown with no signs of blood or mucus.

Does anybody know what the culprit could be? Is it that I don't eat a lot and then when I do have a big meal, it doesn't sit right and pushes the stool along or could it be something I need to see the doctor about?

Thank you for reading,

James

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi james23331

I think you have answered your own question. Stop overeating and eating rubbish. Start eating medium sized meals at each meal and eat healthily. Start drinking lactose free milk even though you only have a small amount of regular milk. Try making these changes and see if things improve.....

• Posted

Change your diet and eat little but often. Cut out fatty and processed foods and switch to home cooked food. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables where you will get your nutrients. Try these solutions first to see if they work. If they don't, make an appointment with your doctor.

• Posted

Things like pastries, white bread and fast food often have lots of sugar and sugar can really upset your tummy. Greek yoghurt is dairy and museli can contain a lot of sugar. So even food you think maybe good could upset your stomach. Go for a low gi diet and check the sugar content in everything you eat. Also things may contain dairy without you realising, always check the labels. Think about what you drink as well, fruit juice and smoothies can be very high in sugar as well as dried fruit.

It would probably be a good idea to see a nutritionist who can help you find a diet which suits your needs.

• Posted

Thank you everyone 😃

• Posted

See your doctor first then see a registered dietition or nutritionist. If your doctor recommends it, it will be covered by insurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.