Recent change to guidelines on treatment of thyroid disorders.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just been told that a GP told a patient that the guidelines on the treatment of any thyroid disorder have been recently changed.

I have made some enquiries about this and await a response.

Has anyone else heard of these alleged changes?

Obviously in the meantime as soon as i get to know anything I will keep everyone posted.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am not aware of any changes but would be interested to know more. I have an endocrininoloy review appointment coming up at the beginning of August.
    • Posted

Have u ever logged onto Health Unlocked. I think we can mention reputable forums but unsure. I do not want to do anything wrong. 
  • Posted

Hi Cindy, I would be ver interested to know the new details on thyroid disorder as I have been on thyroxine for over20yrs and nothing has changed since then.look forward to hearing from you.
    • Posted

Hi I honestly do not know. All I know is that on another forum someone wrote that her GP had told her that recet guidelines stated that thyroid treatment be started bearing in mind the patients signs and sumptoms and regardless of the tsh. I cannot copy the link as patient co will not allow it.

I have just e mailed it to a friend but this is disallowed on this website. Will try agsin. Sorry. I have written to the forum concerned and will check later on for an answer. Obviously will keep everyone updated.

• Posted

HIYA 

FOUND THE POSTING. No answer yet.

Can e mail posting as in Public Domain but it will be sent for modding so whats the point.

• Posted

Have u ever been on Health Unlocked?
  • Posted

Very intertested in this as my TSH has been Normal for 3 years despite all the symptoms and currently losing clumps of eye lashes. My gp has just agreed to refer m to the endos  but thinks they wont do anything. At least I got a referal . Been hard to even get that. Think it was the eyelashes that stumped him.
    • Posted

LOL!

It doesn't take much to stump them.

​Anyway I would do my own thing Get bloods done privately and collect as much evidence as possible to prove your case .  Has anyone ever done thyroid antibody tests, anas or ebv?

​Still no news from the person who wrote that her GP said the guidelines had been recently changed.​

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.