Recent constant noise in my left ear

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just have experienced this constant noise in my left ear, I went to see my GP and she had a look inside it and noticed some wax but also an infection. She prescribed me a olive oil spray but also told me there is a small chance of developing a tumour in your ear and she wants me to have an MRI scan to rule this out. I would be interested in anyone else's knowledge of this, thank you.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Get the MRI but chances of you having an acoustic neuroma are very very slim. I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully it's the wax and infection causing the Tinnitus.

My understanding is even if you had a tumor and they remove it, sometimes the noise remains.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your answer, my GP said much the same as you and I will definitely be taking the MRI, I am just waiting for the appointment letter to arrive. Thanks again, Ian
  • Posted

My ENT also sent me for an MRI to rule out a tumor and when it came back normal he said my tinnitus and 30% hearing loss in my left ear was caused by a viral infection. It started last December with an ear infection, FWIW. 

I have tried acupuncture and chiropractic with little results and have recently started with a chiropractor specializing in upper cervical care.

Stay tuned.

• Posted

I am glad that your MRI scan came back all clear and I hope that you have better luck with the upper cervical chiropractor treatment than you did with the acupuncture. I wish you all the best for the future and thanks for contacting me. Ian
    • Posted

Greg, I read on this forum that upper cervical care could help with my hearing loss and tinnitus. However, after several adjustments I am finding little to no relief in this regard  and  I am considering discontinuing treatment. The chiropractor said it would take 90 to 120 days to correct my body misalignment and has me coming twice weekly, all out of pocket expense since insurance does not cover this. 

I would be most interested in other experience with upper cervical care as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.