recent crps diagnosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone.New to forum.After a knee surgery as a result from a work injury i was recently diagnosed with crps nos.every test known to science was performed to come up with this diagnosis.My question is concerning workers comp they state that this is not crps .Is crps the same as crps  -nos

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

I am sorry you have been diagnosed with CRPS.

I am not sure what you are asking.

Please restate your question.

Tracy

• Posted

Crps nos is crps but with no obvious symptoms. This is usually diagnosed if you've previously met the Budapest criteria but no longer show colour changes, sweating or change in hair or nail growth

• Posted

I have never heard of CRPS-NOS.

Interesting.

I suppose this is what I have now.

I used to have CRPS that my foot would turn bright red or pale white or mottled red, purple, white.

The skin was shiny and very dry. The nail & hair growth was stunted.

My foot & leg were like that for a year. I was on crutches the whole time and in horrendous pain.

After a year I was able to start limping around without the crutches.

The more I walked on it the better it got.

I no longer have the extreme color changes, the nail and hair growth is almost normal and my pain is much better. But I still have pain just not as bad. Foot swells a little sometimes and turns a little pink.

Spasms have stopped too. Except for this fall my toe next to my pinky toe was twitching alot for a couple of months but that has ceased.

Today I am having a bit more pain than I had been.

The longer I am on my feet the more pain I have. This is when some swelling and color change occurs.

I hope workmen's comp doesn't screw you over.

CRPS keeps me from working.

U hope you find relief soon.

Tracy

• Posted

Presence of at least one sign in two or more of the following categories:

Sensory - allodynia (to light touch, temperature, deep somatic pressure or joint movement) and/or hyperalgesia (to pinprick).

Vasomotor category - signs of temperature differences ( >1°C) and/or skin colour changes and/or skin colour asymmetry.

Sudomotor/oedema category - oedema and/or sweating and/or sweating asymmetry.

Motor/trophic category - evidence of reduced range of motion and/or motor dysfunction (including weakness, tremor or dystonia) and/or trophic changes (of the hair, nail or skin).

No other diagnosis would better explain the signs and symptoms.

This classification means that CRPS can only be diagnosed if there are objective signs in the limb at the time the patient is seen. Many patients experience a delay in diagnosis and some changes (eg, swelling and sweating) may abate over time. In those patients who still have pain and who would have fulfilled the criteria in the past, a diagnosis of CRPS-NOS (not otherwise specified) is made.[1]

• Posted

Hello

I was diagnosed with CRPS Type 2 due to my symptoms and Nerve tests. Nerve tests detected Nerve damage.

I seem to have had some recovery but not full remission.

It is better than it was a year ago.

I have seen posts where people have all the symptoms but not the intense pain

Tracy

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

i could have written your post myself. I'm the exact same and am hoping I'm getting to remission. Foot has been acting up a tad over the last few days but the phrase use it or lose has definitely proven itself. I'd love to keep in touch with you to swop notes on an ongoing basis. 

Best wishes

orla

• Posted

Hello.

It is nice to meet you.

I would be happy to keep in touch.

The use it or lose it is so true with CRPS.

I was on crutches for a year. One day I just decided that no matter how much it hurts I am going to walk on the leg and foot.

I started out by just walking around my kitchen when I was fixing supper. It hurt and I limped but I just kept doing it.

I have to go now but I will be back on this site in a few hours.

Take care.

Tracy

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the replies.Yes according to what the doctors have said  crps -nos is a new classification based on the budapest system.Were you either currently meet or have met  the required criteria.perhaps my question is more in the line of since it is diagnosed as crps nos  none other specified . Will workers comp recognize and treat this as a diagnosis of crps in there determination of a impairment rating and settlement. i have been off work for 8 months now and  have developed foot drop and atrophy  due to the neuropothy they claim is from the crps symtoms

• Posted

Hi Ronald so sorry to hear about your problems.I have suffered with CRPS since 2006 when the diagnosis was made.I will talk to you about Compensation from work first.I was in a serious accident at work and nearly lost my leg after being told by Medical experts about my future outcome i decided to take the Legal route to make a claim against my company the most important thing that i done was to arrange a meeting with one of the directors and to tell him what i had decided to do rather than a solicitors letter just landing on there doorstep.Obviously i do not know the circumstances of your works.I will cut to the chase though instructed a solicitor then this went to a Barrister sent for Medicals one for my side and one for the company's side they both reached a similar conclusion.During the course of negotiating the CRPS of my leg was only classed as a Soft tissue injury with pain which is what it is really.I received my Compensation but this did take 3yrs and this was my company responding to Solicitors letters quickly.If you need anymore info about anything Ronald just contact me.

My life changed forever in 2005 when i had my accident my leg was crushed i was rushed to hospital were it was found my leg was full of clots they warned my wife they may have to amputate my leg below the knee due to the state of it they managed to save it but i wish it was amputated.I was sent to a Nuro hospital as the General one did not have a clue what was going on.I had every test under the sun in a Science lab and it was them who made the diagnosis of CRPS this was in 2006.Since then i have had 14 procedures/operations my leg is all sorts of colors red/blue/purple/black i am in agonizing pain and my foot is always burning i am on many pain killers and i can no longer walk properly on my leg and it is slowly getting worse i am on crutches now and my GP has told me that my leg might have to be amputated in the future.I am now on 24 tablets a day which sometimes can make me drowsy but you have to get on with things i am currently reading a book by Professor Brian Cox all about the universe it is a fab read and it distracts me away from the pain.

• Posted

Hello.

I am so sorry you are in so much pain and suffering.

CRPS is a HORRIBLE disease!!!!

Amputation can cause CRPS to spread.

I have Type 2 CRPS in my right foot and leg. Nerve tests conducted by a neurologist made the diagnosis of Type 2. The ER doctor made the original diagnosis of CRPS. I had never heard of it before.

My right foot was crushed in an ATV accident. I think in Britain you call them Quads.

It has been two and a half years since my accident. Some days are worse than others.

I agree that distraction is a good way to deal with the pain.

I have also found that Benadryl has helped my pain.

I wish all the best for you.

Tracy

• Posted

I have never been on a forum before but I came across this trying to self diagnose myself. No one seems to know what is wrong. I had surgery 2 1/2 yrs ago. I had a bicep tear. Workman's Comp doctor went in and fixed it. Two weeks after surgery I started having pain in that area that still hasn't gone away. My fingers are turning in. My hand gets ice cold. Shoulder breaks out in a rash an itches. This is all worse at night. Now about 2 months ago my left arm is experiencing the same symptoms. I have been to Neurology. Orthopedics. Pain management. Etc. With no results. Right now I have no doctor. They all signed off on me. I do believe I have the onset of CRPS. Not sure we're to go from here. I'm still working light duty. I need to know did this come on gradually or full force for you.

• Posted

Hello, Loriann.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this and having so much pain.

You may need a lawyer. Is there one in your area that does pro bono work?

It sounds like CRPS. CRPS can spread.

You may also have to find a doctor who is familiar with CRPS to look you over and diagnose you. Maybe on your own dime even. The sooner the better!!!!! Quick diagnosis and treatment is CRUCIAL!!!!!! Please find a doctor who understands and treats CRPS as soon as possible!!!!

I have to go now but I check this site every day so if you need to talk, just post on this thread or start your own post.

Gentle hugs.

Tracy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.