Recent ERCP to remove stent

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so i have had chronic pancreatitis sence i was in 8th grade due to small duct just born that way. i have had many attacks ending up in the hospital having stent placed in the duct more time than i can count allso have had stones removed and build up of calcification removed and just 2 monts ago i was getting yet another stent placed becuas of an attack. so 3 days ago i just had it removed and didnt get to talk to the doctor after words but on my discharge papers is say that. dilatation of the duct and irregularity was found in the entire opacifield are of the duct so everything i have read from google on that points to cancer dose any one know if this is right? I dont see my doctor for 2 weeks and freaking out about possibly having cancer and i know my risk is high for pancreatic cancer due to the fact i have been dealing with attacks for over 20 years. any insight would be great thanks.....

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeremy, you've dealt with all that for so long and I assume you've developed a fairly close relationship with your medical team during that time, or I'd like to think you have.  Phone your primary medical person and have the conversation about your fears now. You don't need two weeks of worry.

Dr Google is fine in a general sense but dangerous too, not your friend at all.  Get the facts as they pertain to you from the only person who knows what's going on, your doctor.

Something I learned long ago is that if a procedure or tests come back a tad dodgy my doctor, or someone from his office, has always called me to get me in for a chat. 

I hope your fears come to nought, you've managed like a champ for so long, don't give into fear now.  

• Posted

Please stay off the internet !!!  It does nothing but cause fear and anxiety.  Call your Dr. today. I’m sure they would be happy to explain what it says. 

Wishing you the best. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.