Recent Experience with side pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently went on a trip to Israel. The day before I left I started feeling a cramp/pain in the lower right side of my body. I assumed it was just nerves and anxiety for my trip. A few days into my trip, the pain felt like it was definitely staying the same and I felt like I didn't have much of an appetite. A couple days later I started vomiting/extreme stomach pains/very tender stomach/diarrhea/nauseous/high fever so I took myself to the hospital. They did a ton of tests on me and ended up doing a CT scan where they told me I have colitis (inflamed colon) and they put me on an antibiotic (a class of fluoroquinolone) to clear it up. I've been on the antibiotic for 6 days now (all the crazy vomiting/fever/diarrhea etc. have gone away) but I still have the pain in my side (the same as before I went on my trip). What do you think has to be done now?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did they check your appendix. Sounds like that to me. I was sick for a month throwing up and nausea. Went to Dr he checked me out. Told me appendix is bad. Had surgery and solved all of my issues.
    • Posted

They did an ultrasound, x-ray, and CT scan. They told me it was an inflamed colon....
    • Posted

You can check your appendix. Simply get your right hand place your pinky finger on your hip bone then place your thumb on your bellybutton. Now hold your hand in place and with your index finger on pelvic area push down. If you have sharp pain then could be appendix. Try it. To rule out bad appendix. Bye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.