Recent gallbladder surgery removal questions?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi guys! So I recently had to get my gallbladder removed due to a massive 4cm gallbladder being stuck In the duct. I was feeling so sick months prior to this so this was probably the only culprit. I got it out on Friday so it's been the fourth day today. Just hope someone comments here and shares how they felt so far, if it's like me so I can get some info. I also have some questions? So, I've been eating but not as much although yesterday after I had some chicken noodle soup I felt so full and a little nauseous after. I hadn't ate much though which left me like wow what's going on. I felt a little bit like that today with the eating. And a tiny bit nauseous. Also, my chest and shoulder blade/back hurts so much. It comes and goes and I was told it's the trapped gas. I do try to walk as much as possible in my own home. My belly is bloated too and a bit tender from the incisions and gas. I was so wondering if maybe I'm feeling fuller than usual and bloated/nauseous because of the gas still in there? I did manage to use the restroom yesterday and today but tmi it was loose stools. Not liquid. So I don't think I'm constipated. Anywho, I was told this is normal as my body is getting used to not having a gallbladder? I'm just scared is all, I had this surgery to get better, not worse sad. I don't wish that to occur to me. Also don't have my appetite yet which makes it hard to eat too. Will it come back eventually? People tell me to give myself 2-3 weeks tops to heal and feel better and that I will. I sure hope so sad. I'm being patient but I just don't want to get worse, that's all. I had enough suffering while my stone was here and I want to just feel good from now on! Hope you guys can help me, thank you!

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm going through all of this right now. Dropped 5lb is 5 days. Constantly bloated, FULL, nauseous.. so now that it's been months... what's your update? smile

• Posted

I had stomach pain for years. Feeling full, nauseous and sick all the time. Eventually I was  depressed , miserable and couldn't take it anymore, and went to the doctor. They did an endoscopy, results showed I had gastritis and Hpylori bacteria. They gave me medicine/ strong antibiotics and after a month I felt a little better. But the pain came back. I got sick and nauseous every time I eat. Went back to the doctor and they ordered an ultra sound. They found out I have small stones in my gallbladder. Doctor recommended that I take it out. At first I didn't want to lose an organ and didn't want to go through a surgery. But after family pressure and being in pain again I went 2 weeks ago and had or removed. 

The first 4 days of recovering were really hard.  Fifth day I started to feel a lot better. 2 weeks later I'm not in pain like before. But 2 days ago  I had some fries for the first time and got a diarrhea right the way, and today I ate chips and salsa for first time too. And also got diarrhea. After going to the bathroom everything goes back to normal. I guess u should just watch what you eat after surgery. U can still eat whatever you want but you might end up paying the price for a couple of hours later on. Other than that It's not that bad. 

Doctor kept telling me that I can eat anything. 

Hope you feel better and good luck. 

• Posted

You're so kind to answer. Yeah it was like 4 months ago that I had the surgery. The first 4 days were excruciating. Beyond all belief. I truly think I had pancreatitis afterwards. But week 2 I started on regular food. The first time I ate grease I too was hit with urgent diarrhea. It has been months but I get dumping syndrome still. Anytime I eat I'll have to find a restroom within 15 minutes. But no pain and I eat anything I want. I hope you get well soon! H pyl is a witch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.