Recent health issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I've posted a few times and I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive. My issues started in October. After ballroom dancing, my left bicep was in pain. Then from that day on, I  woke up with numbness, tingling in my left pinky finger. I went to see Neurologist and I was diagnosed with pinched nerve C7. I went to chiropractor and then stopped going. My bicep was fine.

Then recently, I think because I didn't take care of it, I think my left arm got worse. Felt pain from my back. I keep doing hand mobility drills to make my hand feel better. Whenever I've been using the mouse, I think there's weakness in the middle finger. There's that few second pause when I press the buttons, which isn't on my control. Then everything gets normal and it's just been happening. 

Right hand seems fine for most part. However recently no matter what hand, I've been dropping things recently. Idk if it's clumsiness or I have a health issue. The good news is I    can hold cups with one hand and not drop it.

For speaking. I think I might be slurring. There words I can't pronounce correctly (mostly Cs and Ss). At the same time, I notice that whenever I brush my teeth, I feel itching and burning in my throat from the toothpaste.

In the past forums, I asked whether this is ALS related. Despite people saying no it's not, I  get fears of that. Maybe because I'm from Bay Area and a legend went down. However I    feel things are getting worse. Maybe because I'm not doing my job of taking care of my body? I hope that's the reason. 

There's hope that it's not ALS because:

-Since things started in October, I probably would be worse if it was ALS.

-I have performed well in sports (running and lifting).

-My twitching isn't constant in one area. It's all over the body and lasts for a second or two.

Why it could be:

-It can be slow progress.

I hope I am wrong again about thinking I have ALS. I will see my doctor and hope she refers me to a neurologist. However, I am tired of being in pain. I am 25 and I have too much to live for. Please help me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are doing all the right things by seeing your doctor.  There are many things that can cause your symptoms and the sooner you get it sorted out by a medical professional, the sooner you can get treatment if you have something wrong.  Make sure you discuss all of your symptoms and sensations and pains.  Right them down in a list if it helps.  Sometimes patient symptoms are the best diagnostic tool doctors have to point them in the right direction of a diagnosis.  Good luck to you.
    • Posted

"Write" them down in a list....sorry for the typo! 

• Posted

Thank you for the response. I saw chiropractor, physical medicine doctor, etc. My hands have improve. It's just that I have a neck problem and I'm figuring out what is causing it.

The one thing I'm having concern is my speech. Maybe I'm not slurring. I'm either mispronouncing, lisping, etc. Overall, something is wrong with my speech. Initially, when I'm saying words with C's and S's it comes off as something wrong, but when I said those words again, it's fine. I'm not getting the burn from toothpaste.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.