Recent HS flare up with difficulty dressing and treating it.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having a HS flare up in my perianal area that's painful and draining. How do you get something that's absorbent to stay in place?  Are there  any economical bandages for the groin and especially the perianal area?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had to have surgery in that area. Very difficult area. I had to use surgical underwear to keep any kind of gauze somewhat in place. At times I would use double underwear. My regular size then a smaller size over. 
  • Posted

My best economical solution to this problem is to buy feminine pads and tape them inside my underware/cloths where the leak is. Change pads and clean area fairly regularly.
    • Posted

Incase you are unfamiliar with these products (ie: male): feminine pads/panty liners have adhesive on one side to stick to your clothing so you just glue it inside you underware where you need it to hit your wound. They are as well totally hygienic. However, I would get the unscented ones since it's an open wound.

• Posted

I have the same prb in my perenium area and quite bad leaks like a sieve , I use panty pads or liners I find that's the best thing nothing will stick onto the skin as it's too wet so these will stick to your underwear and they're easy to change. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.