Recent neuropathic pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, this is my first post on here and I wondered if anyone could help. About a fortnight ago I started experiencing intermittent burning/tingling sensations in my hands and feet, accompanied by mild vertigo. I have suffered from vertigo before, though it has been in abeyance for several years. The last time a GP suggested I might have Meniere's disease or an inner ear problem, but it was never properly diagnosed and simply went away. An MRI scan showed nothing.

The tingling is something new and quite worrying. I am self-employed and spend a lot of time on the computer and wonder if it could be a pinched nerve or an RSI/carpal tunnel problem. I've started taking vitamin B12 and apple cider vinegar, as well as cutting down on sugar intake in case it is a blood sugar or prediabetes issue. I've noticed the dizziness has ebbed in the last 24 hours but the tingling is persistent.

I'm due to see a doctor for a proper check-up in over a week's time and just wondered if anyone on here could kindly offer some thoughts or advice? Thank you in advance.

David

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It doesn't sound like the Vertigo is connected to the issues with your hands and feet. The tingling you describe sound like Neuropathic pain rather than Carpel tunnel syndrome, this wouldn't explain your feet tingling if it was Carpel tunnel syndrome.

I have tingling in my legs and feet which is Neuropathic pain. It can feel like pins and needles and sunburn also. I started with one leg, then the other and recently both feet. I take Pregabalin which does help with sleep. I am worse at night and find clothes make things worse. There are not any real tests for this and unfortunately no cure only medication to ease it. Vitamin B12 is supposed to be good, i am going to buy some myself. I take vitamin E thou not found any difference.

I hope you find out what is causing your problem. Best of luck.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

As mentioned, it is probably neuropatic issue.

It could be due to diabetes, hypothiorism, too liitle b12, to much b6, poisioning (heavy metals), MS, lyme boreliosis, some kind of autoimune peripheral nerve dessease (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy, small fiber neuropathy, ...), maybe just a consequence of stress.

in theory it is supposed to be possible to fix it if the underlaying cause/illness it treated. You should have your blood tested, neurologist should additionally perform some diagnostics (EMG, biopsy).

I hope you fix it soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.