Recent onset of symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I am a 21 year old male and I've been having some recent symptoms that are making me concerned.

First of all the past 10 months I've been having sharp pains in 2 locations, right upper quadrant and left upper quadrant. These pains usual come when I drink alcohol or have fried food and it's been happening on and off for some time. Now the past 2 days I've been having pain in the middle of my upper abdomen feels like a burning pressure almost and sometimes it goes away and I cant feel and other times I feel it and also feel it in my back as well. I have a brown/yellowish stool and diarrhea mostly brown though. I have nausea and I cant eat without feeling full. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've also had the same type of diarrhea back in the summer but it went back to normal a couple weeks after.

• Posted

Possibly IBS? Symptoms are triggers due to alchohol and fatty foods.

• Posted

Probably trapped gas. Try simethicone anti-gas tablets available without a prescription. If that does not help see a doctor.

• Posted

That's for the reply. I have also been feeling very fatigued and having trouble keeping everything down. Could it be my pancreas or liver?

• Posted

Could be a simple food reaction since symptoms come on after alcohol or fried food. Try avoiding alcohol and fried food to see if it makes a difference. Alternatively, it could be IBS which can trigger these reactions. See your doctor to get a firm diagnosis.

• Posted

Alcohol does not always trigger attacks but it did with mine

Get at least and ultrasound and see if there is any distention to the gall bladder

Peppermint tea and carbs I find to help ease, small frequent meals

But Gi problems to check, H.Pylori & amylase lipease check for pancrease problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.