Recent ovarian cyst diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

i have recently been been diagnosed with 6.4 x 7.4 cm cyst. I have only had the first scan so have no idea what type it is etc. I have had symptoms for a while and they seem to be getting worse. I have got some swelling on my right side and seems to be getting worse. The pain is my legs is getting worse also with sharp shooting pains. I have also put on some weight. I thought I was doing ok but tonight I have completely panicked. I haven't had my referral through and was wondering how long these take, I constantly feel like my womb is full and heavy and starting to come to a month since my last period. I wear a uniform for and everything sits right on my hip line which I said very uncomfortable also. I used to exercise but only really ,amaze a bit of walking the last two months and I'm starting to feel like a fat weak mess. I'm so scared what they are going to and that it's got bigger. I have had all the tests and it shows as Benin and no pcos 

Sorry for sounding so worried but I haven't had an operation before and I just wondered if people felt better after the cyst was removed? What can I expect for recovery etc. I just need to know there's is light at the end of the tunnel. Anything feedback would be great

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare,

I had a 4-5 cm cyst on my right ovary. It was an endometrial cyst (I also have endometriosis). I used to work out 4-5 times a week and run on at least one of those. I started not being able to do any exercise and running because I would be crippled over in pain. I put on a lot of weight too and went up a full dress size which got me down! 

I had the swelling, and terrible shooting pains up and down my legs and every time I was re scanned it seemed to grow. I had my op on Monday of this week and the cyst had resolved itself! I had a lot of endo that had to be removed, but the cyst was gone.

Don't worry yourself too much, as sometimes these things do sort themselves out (I didn't believe that until it happened to mine lol). Also don't let the fact you can't exercise get to you either, I did the same thing and it made me feel a lot worse, just focus on getting better. If you have to have an op they aren't that bad and you're in good hands. As I said I didn't end up having my cyst removed, so the other ladies can help with that, but from a general op point of view it'll be over very quick and if it helps with your pain and other symptoms it's worth it. 

Oh and in answer to your question about referrals, mine took about 3-4 weeks to get an appointment through with the gynae dept. 

I hope this helps and you get it all sorted quick, let me know if you have any questions smile 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I think I was having a funny half hour but your reply has made me so feel so much better. Thank you again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.