Recent surgery...

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all,

I have posted my story before for those who remember..

I had surgery yesterday to rectify the fusing and narrowing to my vaginal hole. The surgeon cut the fused

skin up to my 'wee hole' and at the bottom of the hole down to the gooch?.. (apologies if you don't understand it's hard to explain).

Today I am very sore, taking Oramorph and plastering Dermovate all over.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had or is due to have this surgery??

Thank you xx

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I had it last year, my advise is to get a rubber ring to sit on for the healing period...it really does make things a lot less painful... and it WILL hurt when you urinate so helps to have a sodden flannel at the ready (water only). I found the first 4 days the worst and it then improves pretty rapidly. I wish you all the best x

• Posted

Yes sitting down is very painful.. I have to either sit on the side on my bum cheek or lie down... It feels as if I'm wearing tight jeans that are digging in my vagina. Constant ache at the bottom of my vagina and stings 24/7.

Having a wee stings and I just apply Dermovate after each wee.

Day 1 over... onto the next xx

• Posted

Sounds awful. You poor thing. You sound very brave. Good that you are counting down the days and each day it will get a little better. Do you have a rubber ring to sit on?

• Posted

Thank you for the support x

I don't have a rubber ring ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Don't know any local shops that would sell one ..

Oramorph and Dermovate seem to be taking the sting away just can't get rid of the constant ache at the bottom of my vagina when I stand/sit/lay down x

• Posted

Hi! I had the same surgery, with a BIOPSY, over a year ago and it felt like someone had driven a bus up my parts! I was bruised and sore for a out 3 weeks! I had salt baths every day and kept putting cream on where the split was (where it was unfused)! it will heal ...honest๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

Ahh yes the bus i can relate to!

Did you find the surgery helped? and what cream was you applying after surgery? My surgeon said plaster in Dermovate.

Can't wait to feel improvement its so sore at the mo x

• Posted

it was with every painful/sore moment! Before the op I could not have sex with my husband, vaginal opening had really closed! surgeon not only sorted that issue but smoothed out the scaring I had from the stitches I received over 28 years ago from giving birth to my son! I was very lucky that my private health insurance paid for the op as I don't think the nhs surgeon would have done as much! stick with it! x

• Posted

Exactly the same as me!

Haven't had sex for 18 months.. doc says put "anything" up there to keep it open once the soreness has gone down.

I also asked her to have a look inside as I thought (still do) that there's an issue inside too (because when my partner tried to get in i felt there was a 'wall' and to get through it felt like his penis had to pop thru something if that makes sense??).. She said all was fine and she thinks its because I was already expecting pain/soreness during sex my vagina was having spasms and tightening up... sorry for the details just wondering if you had this? x

• Posted

Yes I did and I know exactly what you mean by the popping issue! it will get better! my surgeon prescribed dilators, various sizes, to use a couple of weeks after surgery! I have also been prescribed vagifem to take twice weekly for maintenance but I use I a week! x

• Posted

really! Was the popping feeling inside or outside? Mine was inside... My surgeon hasn't prescribed any dilators.. What does the vagifem do? X

• Posted

Also, I am feeling a constant ache at the bottom of my vagina just wondering did you get that day 2 after surgery? X

• Posted

it took nearly 3 weeks for me to be able to sit comfortably and it stand for a good week when I went for a wee! the vagifem is a hormone (like a tablet which I shoot up my hoofer (Sorry for terminology) )! it keeps the vagina moist and it has helped! it's early days for you and you will be sore! I found it a painful experience but it will get better, plenty of salt baths.....it will be worth it x

• Posted

Thunder_Thighs, may i ask where you live? Sounds like your doc was good and was able to also smooth out scar tissue? Im wondering now since i have fusing at the entire top area (from clitorus up) if that can be unfused and maybe there is actually folded skin underneath? So confused about the anatomy situation down there!

• Posted

Yes I'm struggling to sit comfortably and even when I'm standing I can just feel the constant ache at the bottom of my vagina.

Doc said not to soak in bath for 2 weeks? I've just been rinsing myself with the shower head just warm water.

Did you find you had to strain to get your wee out because mine are struggling? X

• Posted

Yes, I live in the UK in Devon but I did go private! my health insurance paid for it as the wait for NHS was too long!

• Posted

mine didn't say not to and as I had stitches I felt that a shallow salt bath would be best for healing! I must say that I didn't have any problem weeing, just stinging for a week! if it continues I suggest you go and either see your gp or speak to them! the other thing he has advised and so has the nurse at the vulva clinic, is to put some ointment around there after urinating! I use coconut oil! x

• Posted

I think I'm going to try and sit in the bath for 5 and see if that helps.

I think by the hole is still swollen and that may be why i'm struggling to wee..

I'm rinsing with a flannel & applying Dermovate after every wee because its the only thing that seems to relieve the sting (nothing is taking the sting away completely).

The ache is driving me mad x

• Posted

Sorry, but I can't keep track of people. You are not menopausal then? Have you had your estrogen levels checked?

My gyn said my LS was caused by low estrogen (I also have AV), but as younger people get it that just doesn't make sense, other than demonstrating how little they know about what causes LS.

• Posted

I am only 21 so i'm guessing docs haven't considered my estrogen levels... yeah your right there they have no idea about it x

• Posted

Maybe there are other diseases that people of different ages (and genders) get FOR DIFFERENT yet UNKNOWN REASONS , but as I'm not in the medical field I don't know of any. If there are, I'd be curious to know what they are & if there are similarities to LS. In the meantime I am going to find out all I can about the Platelet Rich Plasma treatment. I think we all should look for doctors or clinicians in our areas and gather as much info as possible to share. I'm a lot older than you are, but I still don't want to have to apply steroids constantly for the rest of my life while watching the area slowly erode as seems often to be the case.

Hope you're feeling more comfortable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.