recent transplant recipient. Im lucky

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I am new hereand would really love to be a parmenent member of this forum. i'd start by sharing my situation; its been a long wait to get a transplant. I am all alone and had to support myself through CKD. always weak and tired and not able to keep a job. my life really broke apart. Not just me but this neighbor who was like a brother to me died of Kidney failure. well I stumbled on a blog some time ago; health4life.fitness.blog and by sharing my story, I had a donor. it feels good to be strong and healthy with a new fresh chance at life. I feel very much for anyone going through kidney troubles or other health threatening ailments, your miracle is on the way. do not stop searching.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

thanks for sharing your story with us!

i, too, am managing CKD alone. i haven't met many others who have been in my same situation. I'm still not on dialysis but suspect i will be within the year. My creatinine is 3.2. My eGFR is approximately 15.

Did you have PD dialysis or HD dialysis? Also did you do dialysis independently in your home or in center?

I would appreciate you sharing anything you are comfortable sharing.

Marj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.