Recent vin diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have a raised itchy area on labia majora and saw consultant on Thursday. I have to wait for an appointment for a biopsy but was told that it was vin and that it would have to be removed. Very worried and could do with hearing from others who have had this problem and for whom the biopsy and surgery had a good outcome please? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm recently just over vin 3. I had the biopsy earlier this year and had a large vulvar excision on my minor labia on September 1St. Don't worry about the procedure because they are not painful at all and once the vin is removed u will feel so much better.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is good to hear about a positive outcome from someone. Was it a while between your biopsy and the actual surgery because they didn't consider it as being urgent? 

• Posted

Hi. I had my biopsy at the end of July and when I saw the consultant in the last week of August he told me he was putting me in for the procedure the following Thursday. I was in pain with the lesions I had so i was soooooo grateful that he did it so fast.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.