Recently been diagnosed with LS

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. Went to my GP recently as I had noticed over the last few years my clitoris was becoming more occluded. I thought it was because I had put weight on over the last 5 years and it was becoming more fleshy down there. I have had the occasional itch from time to time, but nothing to even think I had so much as thrush. I was referred to gynaecology, my GP never mentioned LS, but she could see were the both sides of the vulva around the clitoris area had joined together. I am going through the menopause and I am 55. I had noticed the vagina becoming a bit drier over last few years too. I was started on HRT in February this year for the flushes. This has helped moisten the area a bit again. I have been put on clobesterone cream for 6 weeks and an emoji lent wash, then they will see me back in 12 weeks. I've heard of the 'seam' , of which I have, being separated, can anyone tell me is this the case please. I have had a few little splits in this seam from time to time. Is surgery an option? My inner lips have fused but I can live with that, and I have no problems with the vaginal opening. I am still very sexually active but I find I am making excuses to my husband as I am embarrassed about the clitoral area. Can anyone offer any advice or share a similar experience please. Thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the same area of fusing as you which has happened over the last 6 months - I have had buzzing/itching for 4 years. For some reason my doctor and gynae are putting off prescribing clob, but I am going back to ask why. I find it horrifying that this disease gets progressively worse and there is little that can be done. I did read of someone having plastic surgery to unfuse. 

As everyone says on here, doctors are vague about ongoing treatments, I guess because there is no cure. I am with you on how it affects your sex life which is not discussed much. Along with physical discomfort, there is the issue of body image and feeling 'deformed' down there and therefore not attractive. This is just as hard to deal with as the physical changes themselves.

I am trying borax as I will do anything to try and arrest any further deconstruction. 

• Posted

I'll be following this thread so I don't have a lot of info.  But in my own reading, it appears that "the seam" can actually be separated by your doctor with a "blunt" object versus cutting.  My doctor gave me estrogen cream to massage into the area and try to "unfuse" myself but the seam is pretty tight together.  

• Posted

Some time ago i was told i have LS. then I didnt have LS. I have lost inner labia too fusion and lots atrophy. I do get itchy at times no thrush. Am told fusion and atrophy because of lack oestrogen. Given oestrogen cream (read can cause cancer) seriously. Skin splits and can b excruciating to shower at timed and skin between legs as well. Have to moisturise between legs . Have sjogrens as well. For me I think the atrophy and fusion part Sjogrens. Off to see my rheumatologist in couple weeks. It appears we need to check our genitals for any changes as much as we need to check our breasts for changes. Had hysterectomy years ago . Im 69 now - there should b more info out there for women seriously. A friends sister having same issues as me re painful showering because of getting raw skin labia area. Only like that sometimes. Was in hrt pill for years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.