recently circumcised at 43yrs old

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi, i recently had to undergo a circumcision for medical reasons namely phimosis, and was wondering if there is anyone who can give me any help advice and info on the recovery process, importantly regarding the keratinization of the glans. I am currently day 3 post op. The original bandage is long gone and have bathed but applied a new dressing. Its not so much the wound, stitches and swelling thats the problem but the hyper sensitive glans being touched is unbearable. How long does it take for the sensitivity to become bearable against underwear? I know i'm probably not helping by putting a new bandage on but thought i would wait until i was healed a little more before attempting no bandage at all. Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ask your Doctor for Emla cream, it contains Lidocaine ( I had it for an over sensitive penis tip that touched underwear) in my case it was due to a foley. anyway it works.

kind regards

Howard

• Posted

Thankyou for the prompt reply, will be contacting my gp tomorrow. Anything to numb it has got to be a help.
    • Posted

The tubes are very small you would need at least 2 for a week, it says keep away from your eyes, ( idiots put it in the corner of their eyes same as vodka)

gives them an instant buzz.

kind regards

Howard.

ps let me know how you get on.

• Posted

In the same boat as you. I am 37 and just was circumcised on this past Friday. My penis feels like someone rubbed a cactus down the shaft! The stitching looks like something out of a horror movie and I cringe like a school girl every time I think about it. I can't wait for it to heal and I can get on with my life. I have the hypersensitivity too but I think mine is because the bottom of the head is so red and bruised plus I have a lot of stitches there. In the shower I ran warm water on it and it felt soooo nice. I don't think hypersensitivity will be my issue but more the desensitization! Good luck to you
    • Posted

And good luck to you too mate. Had mine last Friday alsoand to be honest everything is a lot worse. rolleyes swollen to twice the size at least and black/purple all over. Sooooo tender. R u still applying bandages? Just cant wait for this to end.. sad 
    • Posted

Mine is bad still. Swollen and the stitches keep catching on my undies. I stopped using the gauze on the second day. I was worried all that blood would cause an infection so I let it dry out basically. The biggest problem I have is there is some sort of tape or glue. I guess maybe they taped my penis down? But when I urinate it sprays out wildly and unpredictably. Today it ended up on my leg and the floor... I tried prying the glue off the opening but it hurt so bad i have to wait for it to disolve i guess. Im nervous to go to work like this.
    • Posted

Hi mate.  Think you chose wisely in removing the bandage/gauze when you did. Im back to the dr today as looks like my wound is infected.its now weeping. Really peed off, in pain and uncomfortable. Part of me is really regretting having this done...... I honestly thought I was doing the right thing by keeping it wrapped in gauze? Obviously not. Back to square one. 
    • Posted

Oh and ps. It may pay to pee like a woman for the time being. ...I was making such a mess too.! easiest thing to do was to sit! Lol
    • Posted

Wow that sounds terrible! I am sorry to hear that. I have not had infection issues but I was prescribed powerful antibiotics so maybe that is why. My pain meds and antibiotics ran out yesterday though so I am on 4 IB proferin and nothing else. I did start just sitting on the toilet lol hopefully I dont lose any pride!

I will keep you in my prayers and hope you pull through. I don't think this is the time to regret. Lets get past the healing then see. I am excited personally. The girls here in the US are cruel if you have a foreskin and I have even lost girls because of it. Such a shameful and irritating experience! I'm glad it's behind me.

• Posted

PS from me too lol. I am wearing a tight fitting jockstrap and it works wonderfully! The less my penis move the easier I can walk. So try super tight underwear. I read it on another forum and it works like a charm. Also i read that if you put a glob of petroleum jelly on some gauze and walk around with that, and I guess it takes a glob, you will get over sensitivity quicker. Hope this helps! Cheers!
    • Posted

I no this is a old discussion but im hoping you can reply, i had circumsicion 4 days ago, the swelling below the cut line is double if not more the size of the normal size of my penis shaft

did yours swell that much, on the discussions swelling issue has hardly been talked about this is the main reason im worried anyway hope you recieve this or anyone else to let me no there experience on the Swelling side of op cheers

• Posted

Hi there

Am due to have a circumcision next week and am worried about pain etc afterwards.

I ve had a mild phimosis for a year or two and the doctor has recommended the procedure but am worried about swelling.

Has yours subsided and healed a bit?

• Posted

I had it checked at by a doctor at my local G.p surgery after DAY5

he suggested it was fine and some men take longer to heal than others,

im on day 10/11 now still some small amount of blood in my pants after sleeping, but im back to work, walking fine, no pain from day one really just awkward ness of my head of my penis touching pants, but i had same problem, and urinating is so much easier, anymore info and help you need get back to me cheers

• Posted

Hi

Cheers for that.

How long have you had off work...Plus would you have been able to consider getting on a plane or traveling for an hour or two

• Posted

Evening, after the procedure you will be fine to go on aeroplane or travelling aslong as you not over doing it

i had a week of work though as being a taxi driver i didnt wanna refuse helping people with there luggage and saying no to wheelchairs users

but if you dont do nothing physical im sure youll be fine, as of today there was no dryed blood around the area after work and getting up this morning and thats 12 days in so all good on that part, a

Going well

I will look out for any of your other questions and get back asap

• Posted

How long until the bottom end of the penis swelling goes down, also when could you wear underpants
    • Posted

Hi, I'm 2-3 days in, I've had no pain at all but the glans is so sensitive, I'm yet to have an erection and I'm scared of getting one, any advise? + when does the bottom of the penis (which seems to have the most swilling) go down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.