recently circumcised at 43yrs old

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi, i recently had to undergo a circumcision for medical reasons namely phimosis, and was wondering if there is anyone who can give me any help advice and info on the recovery process, importantly regarding the keratinization of the glans. I am currently day 3 post op. The original bandage is long gone and have bathed but applied a new dressing. Its not so much the wound, stitches and swelling thats the problem but the hyper sensitive glans being touched is unbearable. How long does it take for the sensitivity to become bearable against underwear? I know i'm probably not helping by putting a new bandage on but thought i would wait until i was healed a little more before attempting no bandage at all. Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have a circumcision 4 months ago in Canada at the age of 46.  I was pretty straightforward with local anethetic. I shared my hair the day before just to save the clinic from needing to do that. My reason with party because of many infections and partly because my partner was encouraging it. i found that I only needed some tylenol for the first 24 hours, then I did not need any pain meds. There was soreness for a about 4 days, but mostly the first 2 days. Swelling for about 8 days, but the swelling itself did not cause any pain. Because it was sensitive for about 10 days, I kept a clean padded bandage on so it would not be uncomfortable in my underwear and trousers.  I rested 1 day, but kept the activity light for 3 days. I had surgery on a Thursday so I could take the friday off and return to work  on Monday.  So pain and recovery was minimal. However, masturbation was off limits for 3.5 weeks. Sex did not resume for almost 7 weeks.  I might have taken it slower than most, but I progressed at the pace I felt most comfortable with. The 2 parts that were kind of frustration were: 1) stiches that were itchy.  that was 1 week. and night time erections. that was almost 2.5 weeks.  that was my experience and my Dr. said it was pretty typical except that I needed less pain meds than most men.  its been 4 months now. i have healed 100%. but the Dr. said there might be noticeable changes in feeling and sensitivity for up to 8-12 monhs.
    • Posted

Hi 

Had mine done last Monday as a private patient, op went really well, small infection but was treated with antibiotics.

No real pain but still irritating in pants having to use gauze and Vaseline, small amount of yellow puss like substance from the base of the head but nothing major.

How long till the irritating in pants wears off? Any advice?

Thank you 

• Posted

Coming up to six weeks and I still have tenderness and a tiny bit of swelling. It's a long process. I've found tighter, trunks-like, underwear is best. Less rubbing!

You'll be feeling the irritation for a while but after two or three weeks, it won't be a painful irritation, at least if my experience is typical. For that initial period any touch on the penis was wince inducing but once the stitches were gone, it settled down a bit more and now the slight irritation is still there but I don't feel pain.

I'm still not wearing regular trousers though, I am still in more comfortable track pants but that may just be because I've got used to those and jeans feel too tight for me now.

• Posted

Brilliant Tim thank you

Majority of the swelling has gone already 

It’s just around the stitches that’s still swollen I think 

I was thinking of using savlon to assist instead of vasaline 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.