Recently coeliac diagnosed, weird symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I have been suffering for a few months now with coeliac like symptoms and was like week diagnosed.

Does anyone suffer with a sore throat? I have had this for a while now and a little red spot on my tonsil and I am wondering if it could be linked. I also have a lot of muscle pain which feels like bruising. I suffer with anxiety so very worried it's something more serious, like leukaemia, I know it sounds silly. All my bloods have come back fine though, apart from coeliac.

Any help and support is appreciated, thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. I’m celiac and regularly get sore throats and swollen tonsils. If u do a google search for it u will see it’s a fairly common symptom of celiac. Also, I regularly suffer sore muscles and joints. I have been assured that these things will get better over time following a 100% GF diet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.