Recently contracted chlamydia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey - I recently tested positive for Chlamydia.  I think I know who passed it on to me but I had one more sexual encounter after that. The sex really didn’t last long at all. I was just wondering what the transmission rates are? Is it possible that this person didn’t catch chlamydia? I always thought chlamydia had a 100% transmission rate. However, I have also read that there is only a 40% chance of transmission after one encounter.  I would really appreciate any response/ help - thank you!! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The estimated transmission rate is male-to-female 40% and female-to-male 32%.

You should tell those you have had sexual encounters with. It is treatable, it is not the end of the world.

• Posted

Yes I will. Thank you. And so if I have had sex with an unifected male once the chance of them getting chlamydia is 32%? I really thought it was almost certain you would get chlamydia if you slept with someone infected
  • Posted

Hi Whom ever it was you should just tell them they now need treatment as you are now getting, as its the right thing to do, other wise it could come back to you again.

• Posted

I agree with above comments! If you've slept with someone unprotected there's always a risk so the rightful thing to do is to inform them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.