Recently diagnosed as bipolar . Haven't slept in 3 days any help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been awake for 3days. Don't feel that great but don't feel bad either. Getting very frustrated and anxious at night because I can't seem to sleep. Tried Valium and other stuff but doesn't seem to switch me off. Anyone else had this problem?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

How much sunshine are you getting? Have you tried melatonin?
  • Posted

Are you on medication for your Bi pola I take lamotripine and quenipine the quenipine knock me out on a night so I always get a good nights sleep as I was like you I am stable now which i also a good thing
  • Posted

Been 12 weeks now on 2.5 hours a night. Take anti depressants, lithium, diazepan and zopiclone. Feel exhausted but fabulous. Hyper, manic and also very hyper sexual.
  • Posted

This is a question for your doctor.  Please call your doctor today, and do not try to medicate yourself.  I think we all have been guilty of that, and it usually doesn't go well.

My guess is that periods of little to no sleep without bizarre behavior are most likely associated with hypomanias, which I have always found exhilarating, but ultimately exhausting.  Call your doctor.

Good luck.

• Posted

I slept from 6.30pm until 9am the next morning. Is this all caused by being bipolar?
  • Posted

Hi. I have bipolar and other disorders too. Sometimes i go weeks without sleeping; dont seem to need it. After a while my body seems to slow down, and when my mind catches up and slows down as well, it shuts off and i sleep for maybe 30 mins at a time until the mania steps in again. I experience very lows or very highs...i have no in between. I've tried ADHD meds when i'm manic and they seem to help slow my head and allow some sleep. Sleeping meds etc dont help me at all, they just tire out my body. I sleep when my brain winds down and not before. I take meds for anxiety but nothing for the bipolar, and especially not anti-depressants which make things worse. Lithium is the older drug used for bipolar, but i have had no relief from anything except the ADHD meds and meds for narcolepsy. For some reason they allow the brain to rest. You cant get them for bipolar but tests taken prove this correct. They are now looking at these drugs for use in manias and are in trial as we speak, but to get them now for bipolar is impossible - at least in Australia because thd politicians here are stupid, useless idiots!

• Posted

Hello I to have Bi polar disorder, I am now on Lamotrigine 400mg taken each morning and 100mg of Quieptine taken before going to bed, this really knocks me out so I have a good nights sleep every night because I like yourself used to be up all night not sleeping just thought I would share that with you.
    • Posted

Many thanks. I don't think I can get these as I have disengaged from psyciatrist and GP. Going to try 2 x Zopiclone 75MG and 2 x Amitryptyline (borrowed) I HAVE TO SLEEP. And fridge full of Monster energy drinks as they knock me out rather than zupe me up. Thanks again

• Posted

Thanks for sharing.

I've tried both of the meds you are on.

In australia, quieptine is known as seroquel.

Neither helped and they cost a fortune for those that they do work for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.