Recently diagnosed - but one small problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently been diagnosed with HS.  I've had a lump under my arm for years (10-12 years to be exact). It's always been there, never inflamed, occasionally red and itchy, but never anything severe or anything I'd even notice. I'd even forget it was there most of the time. It was previously diagnosed as a sebaceous cyst. Recently, that lump doubled in size, and was incredibly uncomfortable. I went to the doctor, and he immediately told me I had HS. He did a quick inspection of it and prescribed Clindamycin and Dalacin T liquid for about 8 days and told me to come back in two weeks. That's it. It's been three days and it's slowly increasing in size and hurting me more and more. The only problem is - i don't understand how the lump has been "dormant" for so long with no inflammation.  I've had it for such a long time, but this is the first time anything like this happens. It's also the only area where I have it. I also have inverse psoriasis, but it isn't severe. He barely gave me any information, so I have no idea what to expect. I've done research online but I'm still not sure what I'm in for. Is this stage 1? Could this possibly be something else? Is there a chance itll just remain at this level since I've had it be inactive for so long? As in, a recurring lump in my armpit? I'm sure most of these questions have been asked but I have yet to see someone diagnosed with HS that had a single lump appear and stay there for years and years, only for it to get infected suddenly and increase dramatically in size in a day.  I don't know if that is the only symptom. Also, could HS cause you to get sick more often? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is a mysterious disease and the medical community does not have many answers. They would probably tell you it's an immune or hormonal change in your body that brought on this sudden change. I've had my HS for 10 years and I did not really get much relief with anti-biotics until I came across minocycline by accident . My son was taking minocycline for acne. Then his Dermo changed him to another Med. I thought "what the heck" and started taking 2-50 mg a day. Shazam!! It shrunk immediately and, along with a steroid cream called Clobetasol Propionate, have managed it well since this discovery! These 2 might be worth a try! They are not conventionally used for HS but they have worked for me. Best wishes!!

• Posted

Hi i had HS SINCE 6 months  and have taken sevral medications for it doesnt remove it permanently ,  the swelling of nodes and bumps keep coming , 

Finally i visited a homeopath , i was given 5 differnt bottles of medicine to drink with water 

Just in 2 weeks everything vanished completly , only scars are left , bumps and nodes all subsided ,

Believe me visit a homeopath the best cure  ,

I am on my last week of this medication as i typr this message 

Hope you get cured 

• Posted

Have sent you personal message check it out , as i was rwading minocycline is temperary relief i also took, but it is harmful for body overall , 
    • Posted

As yes diet also effects a lot have alkaline foods , and no spocy stuff during medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.