Recently diagnosed. My numbness lingers for weeks. Anyone else experience this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was just recently diagnosed with Raynauds. I went to the doctor because part of my one big toe went numb and has been that way fow a few weeks no. The doc says this can happen with a flate up and I might not get feeling back until my threahold temp is reached. It could take until the end of winter. Does amyone else suffer from this?! I have not been able to find any information that says the numbness can be prolonged.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine started  years ago and steadily got worse, neve going away worst  last few weeks ever had.
  • Posted

Hi, Both of my feet are numb and will not improve. (I was stupid) You need to realize that when the blood flow stops - your parts will not warm up on "their" own.  Never let them go without blood flow for more than 30 minutes or permanant damage will occure.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone. So it is not unusual to have the numbness stay? I know it is not particulary good, and could be permanent but I was just having a hard time finding info on that anywhere. My doc says it can happen and that it could return when weather was warmer and that it may be lingering because I was was still experiencing cold temps. I just was not sure if there was something else going on as well.
  • Posted

My numbness is there mmer or winter but additionally in c the circulation shutsdown and I have to head indoors ( my time in the den)o thaw them, out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.