Recently diagnosed needing information

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon a couple of weeks ago. I have always had cold hands and feet. The last couple of months my hands were turning purple, looking bruised. Also had shooting pains, tingling and pain on bending fingers.

The med given is Nifedipine 5ml X 3 daily.

My legs have started to go purple now espcailly my knees,they look bruised and swollen so do my elbows. I thought Raynaud's only affected hands and feet, not legs and arms. Any info would be appreciated THANKS

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

​Your "extended" symptoms are not the norm. The bending fingers pain, sure, but the bruised knees and elbows are something you need to bring to the attention of your physician. Excessive bruising is more often associated with other things than Raynauds.
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

You are talking about teeth hurting and root canals etc. I suffered through dental issues for many many years. I hope you don't suffer with these problems long. Our immune systems are not the best having a autoimmune disease.

Take care

Kristy k

• Posted

Yes, I had a root canal- and they gave me about 7 meds to help the pain go away! And then the top teeth started hurting- then I got a sinus infection more meds- then I felt my bite was off fro. My teeth and the dentist looked at me like I was crazy! It was because of inflammation I finally found out from my bloodwork! I swear it's crazy how my body is reacting! My chest was so painful it last month & this month for a week straight never any problems like this before felt like I was Brest feeding and didn't pump! Ouch couldn't even hug my kids or husband for a week!

My feet are freezing now! It's been so cold out! I need to take a bath just to get them warm!!!

• Posted

Hugs to anyone going though this! All dr's don't know anything about what is going on! Finally I have an apt this week with a rheumologist I hope she knows what is going on
    • Posted

Hugs for all that I have talked to tonight! Thank you it's nice to talk to people that are going though what you are. It's just been two months of craziness for me 😰
    • Posted

I dont have a correct 'bite' and dentist can't seem to find it! Novocaine doesn't work and for yrs. People thought I was nuts. All these autoimmune issues are inflammation in our bodies. Take care of you and your family and God bless.

Kristy k

• Posted

Thank you so much & take care of yourself!

Do you have any relief in your day? Does it get any better?

• Posted

My doctor has me on 90mg of Nifedipine once a day.   It's a time release deal.  It's the maximum you can take.  If I wear gloves, I don't have any problems.  I have a pair of gloves for sleeping, going outside, being in the house, washing stuff. Four different gloves.   It works!.  Find gloves that are comfortable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.