Recently diagnosed with kidney scarring due to childhood reflux.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys! I am 35. Recently diagnosed with Kidney scarring. biopsy suggests scarrjng due to reflux nephropathy along with subcapsular bilateral scars. Taking medications for elevated BP, which is under control now. As per last blood trst. Cretanine was 1.4 with other parameters like urea, sodium etc wirhin range. I am not facing other symptoms now. My nephrologist says that the condition might or might not progress in the future.

Is there any one in this forum, whi was diagnised with this problem or similar very long ago and still doing fine. Does this problem necessarily progress to end stage renal disease? Pl give your valuable comments. Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed 17 years ago with stage 3. Right kidney badly scarred and working at 30%. High bp controlled with meds, live a normal life and have been exactly the same the whole time with no deteriation.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! Does your kidney scarring pertain to Reflux nephropathy/VUR? Which range your cretanine levels are in? Will appreciate a little more details.
    • Posted

Hi Louise, hope you doing well. Can u please tell me what was your age when you were diagnosed 17 years back? What all tests does your g.p prescribe when you go for a follow up?
    • Posted

Hi, I'm doing really well thank you, I'm not sure about my cretanine level as my Gp just tells me my gfr is at 55, at last blood test and he's happy with that. I was 35 when diagnosed. I had a couple of tests done to see if the could find any reason for the scarring. One was a macturating cystogram, and I can't remember the name of the other but it when they inject a radio active dye into your arm and scan your body to see where it goes etc. These were done about 16 years ago and I have had any tests since. Other then taking one tablet a day and an annual blood test for liver function and cretanine etc you wouldn't know I had and medical problems at all. He also tests cholesterol and blood sugar. Im not sure if that the norm for CKD 3 with scarred kidney. It would be interesting to know what others have done etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.