Recently diagnosed with vasculitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello. I'm a 25 year old male and I've been recently diagnosed with vasculites.

The blood tests showed absolutely nothing so the doctors don't know the cause.

Does that mean it auto immune?

Is it something very difficult to live with?

Regards

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If it's any help I've had loads of blood tests due to a rash on my legs for the last 4 months. First time i saw GP he sent me to A&E saying i had cellulitis. Blood test came back negative. Rash then appeared on my feet and legs very swollen. I was fast tracked to see a dermatologist. Loads of blood tests later all came back negative. By then really depressed with it all. So far been told i have vasculitis, lupus and allergy. I got an appt on Friday (private). The dermatologist there gave me an examination on skin from head to toe and came up with a diagnosis that the cause of all this is through one of the blood pressure pills i am taking. Said once i stop all this rash will go away. Just hope it works! Hope this may help you. Jill

• Posted

Well it's been a year since I've been diagnosed with vasculitis.

I've been hospitalized for 9 days so the doctors could do all types of exams.

I've done all sort of blood tests several times in this last year. Blood tests that where very detailed.

Also did tests to the bladder, lungs, heart and so on and so on. Almost every organ that I have...

Then found absolutely nothing in this year. The only thing that I haven't done is a skin biopsy. (only one dermatologist where I live and the retard don't do it in public hospital, only in his private clinic).

Anyway don't you guys find a bit odd?

I have no complains what so ever besides the purple spots on my legs and ankles and the small fell off "burning" that comes with it.

• Posted

Hi sorry you're going through this. In short yes it did work. I've still got a slight swelling around knees where the rash was and a few marks where it was. I stopped taking that one blood pressure pill and it didn't go quickly it eventually disappeared. Like you they did mention vasculitis and even lupus!! I wish i could show you the photos of my legs and feet but deleted them. They were awful. (red rash and purple marks). I was fast tracked to an NHS dermatologist but they were really busy and after all the blood tests which were all ok they hadn't a clue. I found a dermatologist that liked the challenge of an diagnosed rash so my doctor said well go and challenge him!!! I did pay because it was going to be a long wait. He examined my skin from head to foot and knew immediately what it was. It was caused by one of the bp pills i was taking. Said it was well known for it. Brilliant man. Don't know what part of the country you are but if you need his name will let you know. I'm in Worcestershire. Good luck. Hope you find an answer. jill

• Posted

Well I'm not from the UK.

I live in a small island of 55000 people in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean where there is only 1 dermatologist.

This retarded dermatologist has a private clinic and also works at the the only hospital. By this I mean that retard doesn't do his job properly at the hospital so he can have the patients in his private clinic. (that's not ethical at all).

Anyway when I was in the hospital for 9 days if didn't came to see me or do the biopsy.

Even tho that I hate him and that I'm going to spend money I don't have another choice about going there.

Problem is I don't if I can get an appointment right now since he is always full, because he is the only one...

Anyway I'm pretty depressed and I'm talking here since I don't really know anywhere else on the internet where you can talk about vasculitis...

• Posted

Hi.

I see you're not from the UK but there is a great website where the information is spit spot by people who have vasculitis and have championed it around the world. Vasculitis UK.

There is also a Facebook group Vasculitis Support UK where lots of people have experience covering all 18 types of vasculitis. Obviously it is mainly people from the UK however, many people are from other countries as they have nowhere else to go.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.