Recently got Achilles Tendon, Any advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m 16, I was playing football and was sprinting. Felt a snap in my leg. Didn’t go to the Doctors until 5 days told me I fully ruptured my Achilles’ tendon. Got surgery the next day and I’m 5 days post-op NWB and I just want to know if anyone’s gone through this and has made a full recovery to the sport they play and the length of that recovery. smile thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sele, if you read through these convos you will see tons of surgical tendon repairs and all 100% successful and back to their sports with no problems. You also have youth on your side so you will be fine! Just a lot of patience and time is required. Check you the Youtubes  - there are tons of videos people have made with their step by step progress that are very helpful! Good luck and keep us other injured ones posted!

(I'm at 7.5 weeks post injury non surgery method at this point!).

• Posted

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it’s really daunting getting this so young and I know no one of my age who has gone through this before. How long would you say it takes to be able to play sports again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.