Recently had Rezum procedure done & now worried.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all,

I had Rezum procedure done late Oct last year, Urologist had me on medication & now I've finished them Urorec alpha-blockers, 4/5 days ago.

Looks like I've lost ejaculation/orgasm & reduced semen volume 1 or 2 very small drops.

Also I pee'd this out 3 weeks ago this was the 2nd time, 1st one I didn't take any notice & wasn't expecting it cos it was at night but I remember felling the passing sensation.

Confident to say its related to the procedure but not 100% sure,

I've lost confidence in the urologist, I have a booked in follow up appointment next few weeks.

Q is what did I pass & have I lost my ejaculation/orgasm/semen.

Any info would be helpful before I see him.

TIA

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I had Rezum on Nov 14 2022 last year. Had COMPLETE erectile dysfunction. That did resolve ( a little) at week 8 to 10 but I purchased a "revive premium" ed pump kit and that has been a great help. Regarding the retrograde ejaculation, that CAN happen from the procedure, but it is also a COMMON side effect of alpha blocker medicines that are used to treat the flow of urine. If you have stopped the Alpha Blocker, that may resolve soon. If not, it could still be from the swelling internally from the surgery.

What you are passing is most likely the semen. If not, I passed all kinds of bloody gooey mess both in urine and ejaculate for up to about week 7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.