Recently increased to 75mg..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been on sertraline for 12 weeks now. 10 weeks at 50mg & the past 2 weeks at 75mg. At my last review my doctor wanted to increase me to 100mg but I was too scared so agreed with 75mg. 

1st week of 75mg wasn’t too bad side effects wise but this 2nd week the opposite.. nausea, tiredness (started napping in the day) when I can & going to bed early each night just so tired, headaches & just generally feeling so blah! I thought I would have felt this way on week 1 of the increase not week 2. Did anyone else feel this way on increasing doses? How long did it last?

I have a review with my doctor next week so going to continue ploughing through. X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi bee, so I’ve been on 50mg for close to 8 weeks and working great for my anxiety and most side effects have subsided except for the tiredness. I’m like you are tired especially in the middle of the day where I usually need to nap as well. I think from what I see and hear this is a side effect that can stick around for a while, but it does eventually even out! Good luck with everything. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply! So pleased to hear 50mg is working well for you. Long may it continue! X
  • Posted

Oh no .... I am surprised you are a week in before the side effects have reared their ugly head :-( 

Hopefully it will be short lived, and you will soon feel brighter on the increased dose. 

I would appreciate an update please, as I am in more or less the same situation as you; currently on 50mg for 12wks +, and am waiting to speak to my GP about going up to 75mg, but am hoping very much that I do not go thro what I did on initial 'start up' ....x 

• Posted

I shall make sure I update you once I’ve seen the doctor next week & to tell you how I am feeling. I think it’s very much trial & error to see what dose suits. I hope we both manage to find our ‘perfect’ dosage soon. It’s such a tough journey! Thank you for your reply x

• Posted

Hoping for you :-) 

Do kindly keep me updated please x 

• Posted

Hello, as promised here is an update on my progress. I’m now into my 3rd week of 75mg & feeling so much more myself. All initial side effects that I wrote I was experiencing in week 2 have gone (thank goodness), I’ve had lots more energy this week, I hope that this continues.

I seen my doctor today who has agreed that we stick to 75mg as it seems to be agreeing with me well at the moment. Next review in 6 weeks. I hope you’re ok New York24 & keeping well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.