Recently obtained hearing aids.

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI,

I was fitted with hearing aids 2 weeks ago. At first everything seemed fine, and audiologist felt I was adapting well to them. A couple of days ago I had a review appointment, and I said I was generally pleased with the aids. The audiologist adjusted them slightly, and I left the clinic. The adjustments are made by the audiologist using a computer. There are no volume switches on the aids, and they are recharged each night by me at home, in a similar way that I recharge my phone.

A few hours after leaving the clinic I had an unpleasant incident when I stood from my chair, and could not walk in a straight line. Felt a little bit drunk, although no dizziness, and had not had an alcoholic drink for some weeks. I went to bed for a lie down to see if that would help. Got up after an hour or so. Felt a little bit better, although still aware I had to be careful when walking. My head felt "fragile" at this stage.

I had a TIA (mini stroke) 18 months ago and wondered if it might have happened again. My husband took me to hospital where I was seen by a Dr. I was told there was no neurological damage. The only thing was my blood pressure was raised 165/90. I take medication for high BP. 2 days later BP was down to 135/75. I will have it rechecked in 2 to 3 weeks.

When I put aids in this morning, sounds were unpleasantly high, and I took aids out.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have been told that some people take a while to get used to using aids, and am wondering if this applies to me. I have made an appointment for audiology clinic in 3 weeks time.

Thank you

Patsy

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.