RECIPES RECIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, yea I know only been on Orlistat 2days :wink: but I don't hang about. I went and had a word with pharmacist and he told me I had to look at the [b:b7c1a1343a]TOTAL[/b:b7c1a1343a] amount of fat I was eating not just the saturated fat! This was because the little blue pill can't tell the difference between good and bad fat!! So (thanks to Dal smile ) I went on Xenical website and also found out they want us to eat 50grams or less of fat a day (that's [b:b7c1a1343a]TOTAL[/b:b7c1a1343a] fat remember [u:b7c1a1343a][b:b7c1a1343a]NOT[/b:b7c1a1343a][/u:b7c1a1343a]saturated) which works out at 16.6grams per meal. Brilliant. Now I know what I'm doing it will be so much easier. Shame my GP didn't explain all this to me!! :x

OK so now your thinking she's waffled on for I don't know how long but where are the recipes?

Fear not here they are:-

[u:b7c1a1343a][b:b7c1a1343a]SEA BASS with FENNEL[/b:b7c1a1343a][/u:b7c1a1343a] Serves 2 15 mins to prepare 15 mins to cook

[u:b7c1a1343a]Nutitional values per serving [/u:b7c1a1343a] Energy 351 kcals, Fat 7g (yes only 7), Saturated Fat 2g

2 sea bass

1 small head of fennel, base trimmed & finely sliced (reserve feathery leaves)

1 small red onion, sliced

200g / 7oz baby new potatos, scrubbed & halved

300ml / 10fl oz fish stock (I used a veg stock cube)

1 tbsp pernod (I left this out mainly cos I had none!)

Ask fishmonger to scale & fillet fish for you (I hate those heads don't you), Cut 2-3 slashes in the skin & lightly season with salt & black pepper. Put fish into a saucepan & add the other ingredients. Cover bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer for 10 mins until fish and veg are tender. Serve it in big bowls, sprinkle with the feathery fennel leaves and serve with crusty french bread (but don't forget the fat in the bread).

Hope you enjoy this one, it is a bit different but even my husband enjoyed

it & he's not that keen on fish!

Seem to have run out of room :o will have to give next recipe on another experience! TTFN Kal

[/b]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kal

I only figured out yesterday that when i ate a meal containing around 15g of fat i got more of a result from the orlistat

The recipe you left on here is almost exactly what i ate for dinner today except i had fresh mackrel, smile

Another tip is that if youre stuck and dont know what to cook go buy yerself a weightwatcher ready meal and add lots of veggies to it -it still works out real lofat but is filling

alicat

• Posted

Hi Kal..

Glad to be of some help. i am on day 6 of my orlistat, not doing too bad at the moment. like you it took me ages to work out the fat content in my meals..... i try to aim between 10-15g of fat per meal........ it is difficult to sometimes..... i am feeling a bit obessed with reading everything i buy nad eat..... in a way its good cos its making me look at everything that goes in my mouth..... :shock:

The receipe was a great idea thanks 4 that..... keep in touch to let me know how u r getting on.

Dal smile

• Posted

Hi Alicat,

Thanks for the tip I do quite like weightwatchers meals but they r quite expensive. I do love mackerel though :D and will try the dish with that but maybe with garlic instead of fennel!

Keep up the good work!

TTFN Kal

• Posted

Hi Dal

My hubby keeps looking at me that strange way every time I start talking about fat, you know the look that says you're getting OCD!! :lol: I think I've read every packet in the cupboard today. No wonder i've got a headache. Have been very good tonight I put the chocolate bar back in the cupboard 8.1g of fat :shock: and had banana & low fat custard instead. How good am I? :wink:

Will post a new recipe tomorrow as am a little tired now

Be good

TTFN Kal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.