Recommendations for Gabapentin Withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I wanted to start a thread specifically on recommendations during and after gabapentin withdrawal. I have seen threads where recommendations are scattered throughout posts but thought a dedicated thread might be helpful.

What do I mean by recommendations? There are certain things I do that I have found to help during my gabapentin withdrawal; anything from supplements to food to mindfulness. Please feel free to post what you have tried and what the result was.

I am 3.5 months into a taper from 900 mg and plan to be done around the end of October 2020. I have experienced many of the typical withdrawal symptoms, physical, mental you name it. Here are the things I have tried:

1. Fish oil- didnt see much impact from this but continue to take it thinking that it probably isnt hurting
  2. Green tea- definitely helps my my mood but is somewhat short lived and I dont have a cup after 2:30pm because it may impact sleep
  3. Watermelon- verdict is still out on this one
  4. Meditation using Headspace app- helps get me out of my head and stop thinking about how I am feeling, if only for a few moments a day
  5. Exercise- helps a lot but difficult to get motivated when mood is low

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.