Recommendations on getting rid of Dry Skin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, 

I wonder if anyone has recommendations on how to get rid of dry skin around the eye. I am using Wet Ones as suggested but they are making my skin very dry, peel, and flake and it looks terrible, I am hoping there is a simple way to remove it somehow sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear Melissar,

Are you using too big of a section of the wipe? It should be torn into 8 sections, just enough to go over your fingertip. Too big a section puts a lot on the skin. Also, are you using the US ones with Benzethonium Chloride?

Some have used other ones like the store brand and it was hard on their skin.

The UK ones have Benzalkonium Chloride in them. It is a Quat too but I don't know what the other ingredients are that are in it.

You can also cut down the number of times you use them per day too. Many who work have used them only 2 times a day and killed it.

Please let me know what is going on. I hope you are not allergic.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda, 

I will try using smaller sections and see if that helps, i have maybe been using to bigger section. 

I live in Australia so the ones i use are wet ones, be gentle, sensitive (fragrance and alcohol free). Ingredients are: aqua, glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Aloe barbadensis Leaf juice, Methylisothiazolinone. 

Generally I am just using them morning and night, after each shower.

• Posted

Dear Melissar,

Hi, glad you got back to me. You can order the other ones online. I looked for someone who lived in Australia at the pharmacy sites.

Try and order the other ones because so many do not have that problem you are having. You can look up all the ingredients listed online too.

You may be having a problem with one of those.

Not sure but it could help to try the ones I used as those are the ones I can recommend.

My husband and brother are using them now too and no problems.

Let me know how it goes.

Lynda79

• Posted

Is there a way you can send me a photo of the ones you use so that I can make sure i get the same ones?

Emis Moderator comment: I have deleted the post above with the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service. You can also use the PM service to exchange specific links if this is easier as they will not get posted in the forums.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Dear Melissar,

They come in a red box. Now some are yellow but still the same thing. You only have to check the ingredients and make sure that the Benzethonium Chloride is .3%.  It is listed as the Active ingredient.

I think there are 24 to a box.

Hope this enough information,

Lynda79

• Posted

I will go to the shops when they open and look for those.
    • Posted

I have ordered some of the wet ones with Benzethonium Chloride 3% listed as the Active ingredient.

I have woken up today after 7 days of wet ones and my eye is worse than ever sad I even have puss or mucus in my eye :s

• Posted

Dear Melissar,

I am sorry to hear your problems are worse. Are you allergic to lanolin? That is one thing that is in the Wet Ones wipes too. Just checking as my Mom was allergic to that and probably would not have been able to use them.

I hope you will be able to use the ones you have ordered. Most people have problems with the use of different ones. I had a heck of time killing it withh.3% Benzethonium Chloride so anything less I would like to know if anyone killed with less.

My friend using the facial scrub did it in a few days but it had more Benzethonium Chloride in it to do so. By law they could put .5% in facial procucts.

Hope this helps and you can have relief soon.

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Linda, 

I dont think I am allergic to that, but I dont know for sure. I have never been allergic to anything before. 

Fingers crossed these wet ones in the red packet work! 

What facial scrub is this?

• Posted

Dear Melissar,

It was an Avon facial scrub but it was reformulated and does not have Benzethonium Chloride in it any longer. That is why I looked online to find another product and ended up using the Wet Ones.

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.