Recommendations please..

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am single and have no children. I have a house with a yard etc... How do you decide whether to find other living arrangements. I have rotten fatigue, sad because I have always been athletic and a hard worker. Now all I am doing is sitting....

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

The fatigue is a sign of something deeper....have a good check up, hormonal ? an under active thyroid ? what about your diet?...I follow a gluten free Paleo diet, no sugar, no alcohol....I exercise a lot, do yoga, pilates, take lots of natural supplements and vitamins. Why move ? Get a diagnose for your rotten fatigue.....
    • Posted

Just had the thyroid checked a few months ago. I think I need a full laboratory panel to include endocrine...  Thanks for the advice.. I went shopping today to try and figure out what to eat...it’s a challenge. Any ideas to replace caffeine? So love my one cup in the morning, perhapsI can do a decade...

• Posted

A cup of coffee, no sugar or milk....like the Italians drink, espresso you can have, but not too many a day, drink green tea, look up gluten free Paleo diet I follow, low carb diet, lean meat and fish....no sugar.

• Posted

Hey Linda 

i too suffer with fatigue, I’m gradually starting to feel better since I take the following every day. Good quality multivitamin which has lots of different Vit B’s (great for stress) Vit D (great for feeling low) magnesium to help you sleep, calcium for bones. You need to take all 3 as the help each other to absorb, thus getting the full benefits. Even if these last 3 are in multivitamin, still buy them. Probiotics and prebiotic ( take for a good 6 months) aloe Vera juice.

please stop eating yeast, it’s the worst thing for LS and cut down dratmaticly on sugar.

when ever you can, sit out in the sun for 15mins without sunscreen, this is to get natural Vit D which your body makes.

set clock alarm the same time every morning, even weekends, gets you in a good rhythm of sleep. Don’t watch TV, computer, phone 2 hours before you go to bed, either read or listen to gentle music.

every night in bed 30 mins before you go to sleep do a positive happy meditation. This helps you dream in the present and you will wake up happy and positive. ( if you go to sleep unhappy or sad, you dream in the past and wake up negative.

Dr David Hamilton does some great books about how you can changed the way you think, it will then change the chemicals in your body, which will make you feel better.

good luck hun 😃

• Posted

Dear Reebok, I am lucky I don’t like breads and bakery products...  yes, need to work on what’s next in life. Need the irritation to settle down and then can regroup... Going to the library soon, will look Dr D up...Iam thinking everyone here has been depressed about this and scared. Keep educating me so I can eventually maybe help someone else. Thx again..
  • Posted

Hello, I am one who has benefited from having a dog , in terms of dealing with depression.  All the recommendations about how to beat the depression are great, but it helps to have the company and the unconditional love of the right pet.  It  can be a significant contributor to lowering stress.  

However, dogs are a big responsibility and you have to have the time and finances.  Puppies are a LOT of work and should not be left alone very long.  Personally, I'll take an older dog any day, especially if you are tired and stressed.  Hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you Pat...I have allergies to both dogs and cats. Plus I love to travel but with this medical stuff not sure how that will go anymore. Right now I can hardly walk without burning and pain...my couch is my pastime at the moment. Need lubrication inside, everything seems to burn when applied...
    • Posted

Hi Linda, the fact that you have allergies might relate to your immune system being challenged, and that could relate to your LS.  But regardless, remember that depending on a pet’s age, it is a potential commitment of several years.  So make sure you don’t put some extra stress on yourself if it will disallow you to travel, etc..... but I can say that my dog is a lifesaver!

• Posted

I know this is hard...feels like a life sentence....and we don't know what to expect each day.....everyone is different, everyone of us has "triggers".....the best approach, for me at least....was to figure out what helps, and what works for" me ". Before the LS diagnosis, I already had autoimmune problems....lymes, celiac disease, and arthritis.....Already on a gluten free diet, eat healthy, drink LOTS of water, so I cut sugar out....that helped......then explored options for vaginal lubrication....coconut oil worked great....but the pants staining was awful ! tried various lubricants, oil based....what works best for me is Emu oil max and coconut oil. each time void, I rinse with water and baking soda, and apply the coconut oil and Emuaid blend....this works for me!....then there are flare ups....sigh! As long as most days are good...we STILL enjoy Life!

• Posted

Hi Jane, thanks for your info and recommendations. Went to a Dermatogist today, he is starting me on something called Protopic...was not sure the Clob liked me. I am very inflamed to the upper area and everything burns up there....I feel better today and can walk a bit more. I actually smiled and laughed yesterday, it has been awhile due to excessive pain...
  • Posted

it is a slow process figuring out what works...keeps us sound...mentally at least! Sending positive energy and hope for relief.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.