Recommended diat for type 0 blood group

Posted , 4 users are following.

My blood group is type 0, do you know what the recommended diat for type 0 blood group is

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't subscribe to diets per particular blood group - I think there are a lot of people trying to make a fast buck by recommending particular diets.

What I would say (given your name) as a man your food and diet choices might be different from a women.

So I would recommend something along the lines of the paleo diet with occasional days of fasting ( such as the 5-2 diet). So protein (eggs are very good- but also fish , meat (chicken is good) ), salads and the odd bit of fruit. 

• Posted

Nathan I know nothing about blood group diets and suggest you research it yourself. There should be some information on line and their are books I think.

But if you have any particular digestive problems perhaps see your gp. Good luck.

• Posted

Beef and lamb are beneficial.  Fish  chicken.  Fruit and vegetables avoiding. Cauliflower.  If you go on yo the internet you can buy books quite cheaply usually second hand   No junk foods. 
  • Posted

People with different blood types will need to consume or avoid different types of food in order to maintain their overall health. Those with O positive blood are recommended to consume a high protein, low carbohydrate diet. Eat variety of lean animal protein such as cold water fish. Type O positives have a tendency to be iodine deficient.

Fruits for type Os, include bananas, blueberries, black cherries and black cherry juice, figs, guavas, mangoes, pineapple juice, plums, honeydew, oranges and orange juice, strawberries and tangerines. Dark green vegetables contain large amounts of vitamin K. Vitamin K can help your blood clotting capabilities, which typically lacks in O blood types.

Hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.