Recommended Surgeons ( London Area )

Posted , 6 users are following.

As a follow on from another thread. I'm particularly interested in the London area but feel free for other members to post recommended surgeons on other areas.

Could be a useful data base!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had my bunion surgery by Doctor Gordon 3 weeks ago. He used the keyhole method on both my feet. He is a very lovely guy, loads of experience and really made me feel like I was in good hands. It was my first ever operation so I was quite scared about everything but he was very kind. I was able to walk after surgery and I'm healing very well.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I agree. I've found it impossible to get information on good and bad surgeons. Unfortunately I had a very poor surgeon but was very naive about this surgery. The surgeon made it sound straightforward yet I'm still in pain 25 months after surgery despite being in no pain before the surgery. I think he just saw it as a quick way of making some cash.( I went privately). My surgeon has since rescinded his licence to practice. I'm thinking I'll need revision surgery but trying to hold off as I've lost faith in the system. I don't understand why there isn't a database with feedback on surgeons and stats on how many surgeries they do and what the success rates are.
    • Posted

I did ask my GP who just said a lot of these surgeons retire very early. However I have suspicions that I was not the only one affected by his 'work'. It's impossible to find out anything on surgeons.
  • Posted

Mr Allardice. Orthopedic Foot and Ankle surgeon. Very honest ethical guy. Check him out on YouTube. Garth Allardice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.