Record pip assessment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm having a home pip assessment. Could anyone let me know if it is advisable to record the interview and ask them if they are GMC registered fir the last two years

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

To record a PIP assessment you must get permission for the health assessment providers at least 48 hours before the assessment. You must use the appropriate recording devices, either a CD or tape recorder and you must produce to identical copies, one must be handed in at the end of the assessment. Phones, laptops etc can't be used. If you record the assessment without permission and they catch you doing this then your assessment will be stopped, your file returned to DWP and you'll very likely be refused PIP.

You can certainly ask them if they are registered but they can refuse to tell you.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Thano you for your advice. Last time I had an assessment the assessed did say on the report a lot of things that were not true sof I am worried about this assessment.

• Posted

They are known to tell a lot of lies yes but they do also tell the truth. Recording a PIP assessment is good if you can afford to buy 2 CD/tape recorders because you need to record 2 identical copies. Not everyone can afford this especially when it will only be used for the face 2 face assessment and will be fairly useless afterwards.
    • Posted

Yes its the cost I am worried about as I cannot work because of my health problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.