Recovered from cellulitis but burn-like marks still visible

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Almost 10 months ago I recovered from a serious bout of cellulitis (combined with pneumonia and a major rheumatoid arthritis flare). Most of the swelling and all the seeping wounds have long gone, but the dark red burn-like marks on my lower leg are still very visible.

I have been wearing compression stockings a few hours a day for most of this time but wanted to know from anyone with a simililar experience, first, if I must continue my compression stockings...?

And, two, whether, after all this time I can expect the discoloration to disappear? Or is it with me for life?

Anyone know anything about this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi light yep i think you got it for life i am same it looks as though you were in stockings b4 cellulitus so its the same as long as cellulitus gone moisturerise couple of times a day and check feet it can recur   hope not for you but stay on top 
  • Posted

Sounds like you also might have struggled with venous insufficiency (compression stockings) with ulceration....same happened to me but all they told me was "cellulitis", treated that but none of the doctors had mentioned the underlying cause of CVI...I kept fretting about the cellulitis coming back (because of horror stories I read on line) but my wound dr finally told me "that wasn't the cause of my problems but rather, vein insufficiency)...my dark purple mottled skin has faded to a mauve pink and will probably stay that way...compression is for life unless you want a repeat (no thanks! Right?) good luck...and try to increase your walking to activate the vein pumps in your foot/calf...10 min for every hour sitting/standing

• Posted

hi i think i still have some nerve effects from cellulitus , just had bloods done nearly after 6 months of having this.I had to go A&E with the pain,from wearing zinc bandages which were prescribed from the nurse at the gp, They said you shouldn,t wear these, your legs need to breath. Maybe the same with compression stocking???

I had a few courses of very high strength antibiotics, but like you had the dark red marks,the gp said probably the blood vessels have burst.

I used  antibiotic cream which has worked with wonders it,s called Fucidin ( fusidic acid ),

Completey cleared the marks smile

Maybe you can help me my Rheumatoid Factor results are way off reading 26 and suppose to be around 10

GP said i don,t know what,s wrong other than a problem with the autoimmune system 

Is this how you got RA Flare ?

Tracey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.