Recovering after ankle surgery 7-27-17

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all

Hope everyone is doing good. I feel I am doing doodle after the surgery 7-27-17. No pain by 7-30-27. I can feel swelling has gone down .Does not seem to be swelling as much when I put it down to go to bathroom. I am hoping when I go back to the Doctor he will put me in a boot and I can start some weight bear. I am going to be living this is possible love light , peace to all

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

That's awesome to hear! I am doing much better I'm dealing with the itching now. I wish my doctor would put me in the boot even if it's still non weight bearing, I just want my leg to be comfortable. I called the office to see if I can put it on because this cast/splint ain't happening it feels like it's squeezing my Achilles' tendon.

I'm glad you're doing so well.

?🏿 Danette

• Posted

Wonderful news Susan!  I had spiral fracture of Fibula 13 weeks back and although full weight bearing and boot gone still have pain and swelling.  I am thrilled to be walking again allbeit with a limp!!!! I am going to Body Stress Release today as everything seems to be out of allignment from limping.  It does get better, I promise you but have to say we all need patience as ankle recovery is quite slow.  Onwards and upwards xxxxx

• Posted

That's great . Happy for you . I will get there . Thank you for the encouraging words of hope. I am trying to cope with this keeping my leg up. Laying here. I am watching tv and on the Internet alot. The Forum has one of the best supports

• Posted

I was so bored when laying arround all the time I spent so much loot online!!!! My hubby is thrilled I am up and around now!!! Went to Body Stress Release and feel marvelous - another couple of sessions and my body should be ok!  So happy!!! You will get there darling, just carry on reading the blog, it really helps when reading of others in same scenario and how they have coped and eventually healed!  If I can get there, anyone can get there!!! xxx

• Posted

Hi, I broke my ankle 25 years ago and have had a number of operations since. Yes, there will be swelling and discomfort in the first few months, worse when the foot is lowered, but it will get better. Once it healed I had minimal swelling and no pain and was able to very active. It was only after many years that I got arthritis in the joint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.