Recovering from a strooke

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'am taking Aprixaban 5mg (twice a day), Amlodipine 5mg, Bisoprolol 2.5mg, Ramipril 2.5 and Pravasta 10mg.  Taking all these and don't seem to be improving in the last3 months. Was taking the Simvastatin before, but seem to have circulation problems i my feet and racted to gout and now droped me down to Pratastatin, cirulation is OK now but still reacting to gout. And also not  happy with the Amlodipine wich get bad dreams and seem to be doing the opossit with my heart racing when I wake up. I know something is not right here, but what?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm amazed that you are taking so many pills Martin, what on earth are they all for?

I stopped taking the statins and so am now only on Clopidogrel.

• Posted

Hi Trisha,

Been to the Practice pharmacy, put me on 10mg statin and my circulation was OK.  But still reacting to the gout, so taking me off the statin now, but the thing is they did not know I had gout.  Still have problems with the Amlodipine 5mg, passing water and waking up witth headache in the morning.  Maybe thats to do with dehydreation, so is interuptin in my sleep middle of the night. The doctor says I have to take these tablets to keep my blood pressure down.  But you're riight Trisha, I am taking a lot of tablets and the Doctor should be explaining what each one is doing??  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.