Recovering from anorexia

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I've been in recovery for quite a while now and have gained a fair amount of weight. I am now almost at a healthy weight for my age and height. 

I was just wondering, is there anyone in the same boat that wants to share their experience and maybe give each other some good advice smile

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya

I am starting my recovery from anorexia but i keep putting it of as i am scared that if i start to put weight on to become a normal healhy weight then once i reach a healthy bmi will i be able to stop putting weight on? im so scared  

• Posted

hey,

I was the same as you, dont worry.

It is a scary time, and its a big step to take, but i will say there is nothing to be scared of.

I started at 39kg i think at 14, and im now 16 and im around 50kg (last time i was weighed). I dont know how old you are but Im here for you, and message me if you want to talk about absolutely anything at all.

But in answer to your question, yes you will be able to stop putting weight on. And yes you will be able to eat normal amounts like everyone else instead of extra to gain the weight. But it doesnt mean that you can stop trying smile you have to keep going, do it for you!

Anyway, feel free to message me anytime and im sorry for the late reply. GCSE's are stressful aha

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. i hope your GCSE's are going ok smile im 22 so i ahe gone past that stage but struggle day to day at work as they always say shal e go 4 a team meal etc. i hope you are doing ok. I wake up every morning thinking today i will try to eat 2000 caloires but i never do as im scraed once i start putting weight my body will keep telling me im hungry therefore kepp putiing weight on :S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.